Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Super Baby!!

Emilia is figuring out her arms. She likes to stick one or both of them strait out in front of her with her hand in a fist. It looks like she is trying to fly. It's really funny. :D I haven't been able to capture it on film yet, but I'll post a picture as soon as I can catch her at it.

Our webcam does low-light pictures and video and when we're putting Emilia to bed, we turn the lights down. So I decided to try out the camera. Here she is lying on the couch (which is where she usually falls asleep--while eating--and then we transfer her to the pack-n-play). I can always tell when she's getting hungry when she tries to put BOTH hands in her mouth at the same time!

I have my laptop, so I blog and such from the comfort of the couch as well. Here I am in my comfy spot:

I have been cleaning house so far this week. Steve's parents are visiting for the weekend, so I needed to make sure we had a clean space for them and a clean bathroom. That's harder than it sounds when you're getting used to a new baby! I'm figuring her out, though, I think. Since she rarely naps during the day, I just have to do stuff while she's awake. She's generally content to entertain herself for about 10 minutes at a time. Which isn't much, but more than I had before.

I had my first photography job last Friday. Steve had the day off of school, so he watched the baby and I went and took some senior pictures for a girl here in Logan. She was a cute girl and it was fun to do what I love. I've been processing the pictures since then and finally finished today. I wouldn't have worried about finishing so quickly, but I have another job this Saturday doing pictures of a family and their little boy who is turning 1. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and be warm like they are predicting (if you call 62 warm that is!) Here is one of the pictures from the shoot last Friday:

Oh! and last but not least, both Steve and I had job interviews this week. I had an interview today with JCPenny Portrait Studios and Steve has an interview with Shopko tomorrow for a loss-prevention job. I think I'll get a job offer from Penny's; the lady talked about me possibly being an assistant manager at the interview, but we'll see what the Shopko job pays and what the hours are first. I'll have to work a few Sundays if I take the Penny's job and it only pays $8.00 (for the regular position--I'm not sure how much it would pay for the assistant manager job). We'll keep you posted though.

Love you guys. Brina

No comments: