Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It just got monster sized

I just got back from the Logan Instacare and I have strep. Well, I think I have strep anyway. It's funny how modern medicine doesn't know much more than the average person nowadays. I looked up strep symptoms online and I had all but one of them. Since I don't have insurance, I wouldn't have gone to the doctor and paid $126 if I wasn't sure I wasn't going to get over this on my own.

So when the doctor came in, I told him what my symptoms were and he looked at my throat, and he was like, "Well, it sure looks like you have strep, but we'll wait for the culture to come back." Well, the culture came back negative. UGH. So he said the other thing it could be was mono, but if the mono test came back negative, he would treat me for strep anyway because he was 85% sure I had strep before the test came back negative and the test is only 85% correct.

Thank goodness the mono test came back negative!!!

I think Heavenly Father heard my thoughts: I was packing it up and going home if I had mono. Can you imagine trying to take care of a household and a 3 month old baby with no health insurance in a strange town with MONO!??

So he gave me a prescription for penicillin. And I'm praying it works. Sorry to anyone down in Orem/Kearns/Eagle Mountain that I might have given strep to. I certainly hope it wasn't full-blown strep yet and I can spare myself from feeling guilty over that, too.

Love you all!
Brina

No comments: