Tuesday, October 7, 2008

2 kitties, 2 skeins of yarn, and a whopper of a cold bug

The first kitty is of course Cosmo. Steve, Emi, and I drove down to Orem to watch the BYU vs. USU game. It's a little silly that we drove 117 miles to watch a game that was being played less than 5 miles from our house, but we can blame Steve for that. He didn't actually ask someone if students got discounted tickets to football games, so we were under the impression it would cost us at least $70 to go to the game. Which is WAY more expensive than driving to Orem. (We found out later from some friends that students get in free and spouses pay $5.) But...we were looking forward to spending the weekend with family anyway, so it was worth the drive. Surprisingly, the 110 (or so)-ranked Aggies managed to make the #7 ranked Cougars look bad during the second half of the game, so it was actually a fun game to watch.

Here is the second kitty:


This is Emi's halloween costume. We decided not to go all out on a costume for the non-existent halloween party that we're not going to that she won't know she's wearing anyway. I put her in it today because it was the only long-sleeved outfit I had that was clean. I got a ton of long-sleeved stuff from my sister this weekend (Thanks Megs!), but it needed to be washed.

Since I wasn't holding Emi all weekend, I actually finished the scarf that I've been trying to knit for 2 years. I took it all out and crocheted it and it took me all of 2 1/2 days to finish. I hate knitting. :P

And last, but certainly not least, the cold bug. I came down with a fierce sore throat Sunday and it still hasn't gone away. This is my first experience of HAVING to take care of someone else while feeling like crap...and it's really not all that fun. Although taking care of someone as cute as Emi makes it easier.

No comments: