Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Turmoil

Emi is laying next to me putting herself to sleep. I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful, healthy baby. Today is election day and it has made me reflect on our country and the values it is supposed to be based on. It makes me sad that the majority of people in this country seem to value the wrong things or refuse to take a stand and make themselves heard. I also am sad that I don't feel like I'm doing all I can to make it better, but I don't know what things to do. I feel powerless to make significant changes to something as large and teetering as our government. That being said, it makes me all the more greatful for my religion in my life. It helps me feel peace in a world that seems to be falling apart. Because of it, I know that God is there, watching out for all of us, and that I can go to him in prayer when I'm scared or lonely or sad. I know he will help us make it through the next four years with a president who (I think) will throw the country into turmoil. I hope that doesn't offend any of you. I love you all. Brina

1 comment:

Heather said...

I feel the same way, helpless. I know that if you have problems with something you should be willing to take a stand and make a difference, but how? How do you help people around the world realize the sanctity of gender or the lives of beautiful babies? What will become of our country? who knows. If the B of M is any predictor of a nation, it doesn't look good. But like you said, if we stick to the gospel, we shouldn't fear.