Monday, September 2, 2013

Our week

Sheesh. Last Monday seems like a long time ago. It wasn't a very exciting week, except for Thursday when Emilia started Kindergarten.

Tuesday night I did my visiting teaching (an LDS thing) and Wednesday night Steve had a meeting for his calling.  Thursday Emilia started school and Steve had game night (he plays role-playing games with a group of friends every other Thursday at our house). Friday we had a play date at the park before I took Emilia to school.  

Steve was excited because BYU had it's first football game Saturday.  His parents are camping, so we invited some friends to watch the game on their HD TV--only to find out that they didn't get the the channel it was on.  He and his buddy consoled themselves by watching the George/Clemson game which turned out to be a really good game.

Unfortunately, Steve lost his tablet at the grocery store while getting food for the get together.  He is looking at replacements as I write this.  It wouldn't be so bad, but his desktop needs upgrading and my laptop needs replacing (very soon), so it's one more thing to sink some money into.  He doesn't have a smart phone, so I feel like he deserves his tablet. :)

Sunday nights we usually go to the Watts' for dinner, but since they were out of town, I thought we would be having leftovers.  Luckily for us, our neighbors decided to fire up their brick oven and cook pizzas.  They invited three of us neighbors and I brought some watermelon, and brownies that Emilia and I cooked on a whim. We ended up with a very tasty evening meal and good company.  Steve even convinced one of the neighbors without small children to come over and play Dominion after the girls were in bed.  What a great way to spend a Sunday evening!

One cute anecdote for the week.  When I picked up Emilia from school on Friday, I asked what she had learned about.  She says, "Let me start with recess."  Haha!  I thought it was humorous, but then she proceeded to tell me that she and her new friend Alexia were playing and they got into an argument over what their "names" were going to be.  Alexia said she was never going to play with Emilia again.  Emilia started crying and went and stood by the teacher.  But later when they were doing small group stuff, she says they said sorry and made up.

I was impressed that they were able to do that.  I asked her what she learned and she says, "Alexia learned not to say she will never play with someone again."  I told her that was a good thing to learn, but it didn't tell me what she learned.  She had to think for a while on that one, but then said something to the effect that she shouldn't try to force people to have a certain name when they are playing.

Only two days at Kindergarten and already she has learned some life lessons.  My baby is growing up!

And some random pictures of my cuties. :)



1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

Way jealous of the brick oven neighbors! And the story of Emilia is cute. Things we have to learn. :)