Monday, September 16, 2013

I called it

In my last post I said I was going to need a new laptop really soon.  Well, I called it.  Here I am typing this on my brand-spanking-new laptop.  (What does that saying mean, anyway?) I didn't post last week because Steve was running a disk check on my old laptop, which told him I had 25 gigs of bad sectors.  Plus the case was cracked, the left click key and space bar were sticking so bad I had to hit them three or four times before they would work, and it randomly locked up at least once a week. So now I have a pretty, new Asus 15 inch.  Nice.

I can honestly only think of one thing we did this week worth mentioning.  (Having Emilia in Kindergarten from 12:05 to 2:45 makes leaving the house an interesting timing issue.)  Last night we went up Hobble Creek Canyon as a family. It's the canyon here in Springville.  We tried going up there last month and it was a dismal failure, but last night went really well.

Last month, we got up there and realized Bubs had filled her diaper and we forgot the diaper bag.  That wasn't enough to turn us around though.  Oh no.  We had to go check out the river, which Steve decided it would be fun to cross with the two older girls, then step into the water without watching Mira.  She proceeded to follow him.  And then fall over.  Into the mountain run-off water.  At dusk.  In a poopy diaper.  I'm on the other side of the "river" (stream really), holding Cecily, so I can't go help. We have to get her sopping self, Emilia, who is now freaking out about falling into the river, and Steve across, and then all five of us up the 6 foot, steep embankment.  Oy.


But last night, we went to a different area where they had an AMAZING Pooh sticks bridge.  We love us some Pooh sticks in this family.  We also explored and swung on the swings for a minute.  I found the coolest looking leaf I've ever seen--it was irridescent! And the moon was out.  And the girls were in a good mood.  It was a great family nature outing.  Success!

Also mentionable for the week:  I went garage saling Saturday morning with my mom at the Eagle Mountian city-wide garage sale.  Most of the sales were rather disappointing (having grown up in ND where they really know how to do garage sales), but I got a few good deals, so I was happy. Monday for family night we played Star Wars: Escape from the Death Star Game.  I love that Emilia is excited to play Star Wars games with us.





I've been working on an art project that I'll post about when I have it done.

News for last week: Steve got his tablet back! Someone turned it in. The store called us on Labor Day and said it showed up on their customer service counter. We went and got it on the way to my parents' house. Hooray!

The girls had dentist appointments.  I never had a problem with dentists growing up, but I think Mira might.  She was terrified by them putting stuff in her mouth.  She looked really cute, though.

 She is wearing sunglasses because I take them to a pediatric dentist's office and they have TVs on the ceiling so the kids can watch a movie while their teeth are being worked on.  Why do kids get all the cool stuff? ;)

That's it for updates.  But her are a few more pictures.  Emilia has this amazing sense of fashion sometimes.  She came out wearing wearing this outfit the other day.  I was jealous I would never think to put that together, but she looked like she could be in a high fashion magazine. :)


There were fires west of Salt Lake a few weeks ago.  When we went to visit my mom one day, I clicked a few pictures of the cool clouds the smoke was making.  In the second one, you can see the red dot that was the sun. 

 I better get to bed. I stay up too late.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

We always forget the diaper bag too. And then Evan always poops. And you do stay up too late. Early bed is good. :)