Saturday, August 31, 2013

Kindergarten!

Emilia's first day of kindergarten was yesterday. She was very excited to start school again. And although I'm not sure how I feel about her being in school already (and having homework every day), I think her being out of the house for a couple hours every day will be good for everybody.  She and Mira will get along better for being separated for a while, she and I will get along better because she has someone besides Mira and me to interact with, and she will be challenged mentally, so she won't be so bored with life.

Steve only works about 10 minutes from our house, so he decided to come to the school to drop her off on her first day.  I think that made them both happy.

Here's a picture of them walking to the front doors together.

 This one is a little blurry, but it was the only one I got outside the door.
 Finding her place to put her backpack.
 My sweet girl and me (with baby Cecily).
 Finding her name tag.
 She immediately made friends with the girl sitting next to her at the table because her name was Alexia. Emilia loves Barbie and the Diamond Castle and the main character's name is Alexa. How could they not be friends?
 Mira's reaction to having to leave Emilia in the classroom. I bribed her out of the school with an ice cream cone.
We also did a photo shoot before school started (since she's in afternoon kindergarten).  Here are some photos from that.








2 comments:

Nana said...

I know as your mother that I'm prejudiced about you but you are such an amazing photographer. The photo shoot pics are amazing and the first one where Emilia is sitting down about made me cry cuz she looks soooooooo grown up. I just wanted to let you know grateful I am for your talent.

Stacey Wright said...

Kindergarten is charming. And she looks way grown up. Good pics.