Mira
never stays covered at night and she is constantly waking up during the
night. So the other night I decided to test the theory that she might be
waking up because she's cold. I snuck into her room after she fell
asleep and put socks on her. (She still woke up during the night, but)
when she got up in the morning, I heard her exclaim to Emilia, "Socks,
Yaya! I socks!" Like she had magically gotten socks during the night as a
present. (7/28/13)
Steve
is the Primary chorister (he teaches the music to the kids at church)
and today he made up this game where he put the wrong words into songs
the kids know and they had to "fix" them. One of the songs goes, "I'm
all made of hinges so everything bends..." which he changed to say, "I'm
all made of Jello so everything flops." Emilia thought this was
hilarious and therefore decided to start making her own substitutions.
My favorite? (Don't anyone tell her, though!) "I'm all made of bums, so
everything poops." Silly girl. (6/30/13)
On
our way home from family dinner last night we played a simple version of
20 questions with the girls. When we got near home, Emilia says out of
nowhere, "If Cecily was playing this game, she would think of things
like sleep and milk and stuff." Maybe that's only funny to me, but I
laughed out loud. I would never have thought of that, but she's
probably right! (6/24/13)
Mira,
angry that Daddy has just taken her binkie away, grabs his hand, looks
at him sternly, and says, "Daddy, yissen! (listen) I need!" (5/11/13)
Emilia, startled by Grandma Watts coming through a door she was sitting
by says, "Grandma, you scared the sunblock right off me!" (5/11/13)
I'm
pretty sure Mira is a Hobbit. She is so much easier to deal with if she
has breakfast when she wakes up, second breakfast when Emilia wakes up,
a large elevensies, and a light lunch. She is also short and a good
napper. She must have missed the hairy feet gene, though. Her feet are
definitely cute and bald. (5/1/13)
Mira
is at that age where being naked is one of the best things in life. I
was getting her undressed just now so we could put on PJs, and as soon
as all her clothes were off, she says, "I naked!" Then she throws her
arms in the air and exuberantly yells, "Surprise!" (4/18/13)
Emilia
only had biscuits and grapes for lunch, so I told her if she gets
hungry she has to have some protein before she can have a snack. A few
minutes later, she comes to me and says, "I know this good food stuff is
important to you and daddy, but for me, *snacks* are important." (4/15/13)
I'm
in my room working on writing and through the door I can hear my
exuberant 2-year-old yelling things like, "Yay, Daddy!" "Jammies!"
"Naked! I naked!" and "Soggy all gone!" I'm so in love with that girl!
Her cute little voice and new verbal skills are an irresistible
combination. (4/10/13)
Mira
and Emilia both had total meltdowns before church on Sunday. On the way
there Steve says to me, "Why can't they just figure out that when they
are happy, we are happy--that if they are nice to us, it is much easier
for us to be nice to them?" Before I could answer, I hear Mira from the
back seat start giggling and say, "Silly Daddy!" (3/19/13)
No comments:
Post a Comment