Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday nights

I thought I might try to blog each week on Sunday nights.  We'll see how I do...

This last week was rather trying with the girlies.  The two older ones at least.  Mira is SO good at finding and pushing people's buttons.  And Emilia's buttons are easily pushed. And then screaming ensues.

I actually had Emilia yelling "Mom! She's touching me! Stop touching me!" this week.  Ugh.

But! Cecily slept from 10:00pm until 7:00am twice this last week! Oh my goodness, I lucked out with this child.  She is amazing.

Friday night, Wilda was nice enough to babysit the kids so Steve and I could celebrate our 7 year anniversary with a date.  (Our actual anniversary is today.) We played tennis for the first time in like 6 years and then had some tasty brick-oven pizza from a local place called Malawis.  Then we got some dessert and picked up the girls.  It wasn't epic or over-the-top, but it was really mellow and fun.  I'm looking forward to another year with him.

Saturday we tried to do something fun with the kids.  We ended up going to the splash pad in Spanish Fork, which we stuck our hands in for about 5 minutes and then played on the playground.  It was overcast and windy, so it was too cold for getting wet.  I invited Ben and Haylee and they came and we enjoyed their company, too.  We all went back to our house and chatted and let the girls play and watch My Little Ponies.  It was a relaxing type evening.  Very enjoyable.

Did you know they came out with a MLP movie where the ponies travel to earth and become "human?" There are toys in the store right now that make me hope my girls NEVER see the movie so I don't have to own those creepy dolls.  What were they thinking?

Also, since Steve had Friday off (he had to pick a day off in January so he picked the Friday before our anniversary--sweet huh?), we decided to paint one of the bathrooms.  The girls'/guest bathroom was the lucky winner.  It's now a calming gray instead of a jolting lemon yellow.  Hooray! One more thing I can cross off my list.  When I get more decor in there I'll post some before and after pictures.

Today was Stake Conference, so church was only two hours instead of three and it was at 10 instead of 11.  So we were able to go to Grandma and Grandpa Watts' house early.  The girls love their grandparents so much!  And I'm glad now that Grandma Great (Watts) is there that she gets so much joy out of holding and seeing Cecily grow.  I know one day I will have to tell her she was loved very much by a woman she will probably not know very well.  I can say that about my Grandpa Richau, and it makes me feel good every time I think of it.

No comments: