Friday, August 9, 2013

Not too much

As you can see, it's been two months since I've posted anything.  Which means Cecily is a little over two months old.  We have been pretty boring in the last two months, so there hasn't been too much to post about.  Just getting used to having another member of the family around.

Cecily is a WONDERFUL little baby.  She sleeps easily and well, pretty much where ever I've hauled her for the day or in her crib.  She loves to look at you and talk, smile, and even giggle sometimes.  Her sisters adore her and she loves them.  She will often smile just hearing their voices.

At her two month appointment, she had gained 4 lbs.  That's better than either of my other two!  She eats well and she is starting to sleep up to six to 8 hours at night.  (Now if I could only get myself to go to sleep earlier!)

Some things we did do: redo our front flower bed, make some wall-hangings for the nursery, put up some blinds in the nursery (which I hope to change into Roman blinds in the next few weeks), celebrate the 4th of July with my family, a lot of swimming at Nana's and splashing in Springville's new splash pad.

I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few:
Steve was changing Cecily's diaper and I thought the scene was just so funny I had to take a picture.  Her hands are straight up in the air like it's a hold up and she's afraid for her life, and Steve looks like he's trying to defuse a nuclear bomb, he's concentrating so hard.
 Nana and Megan and her kids came over one day.  That's a lot of little ones!
 Cecily sleeping in her bouncy chair.
 Mira patiently waiting to go to the splash pad.
 Mira playing with one of the copper(?) statues around the splash pad.
 Emilia playing in the waterfall at the top of the splash pad (in teal and purple).
 I just thought she looked so small in there.
 Emilia thought her hair looked cute that day.  She had just gotten her hair cut a few days before.  I had to take a picture and send it to Nana.
 So cute.
 My girls love the laundry basket for some reason. :)  The cushion was off the chair because Cecily had pooped on it and it was being laundered.
 Her expressions are so funny.
 She fell asleep on momma.
 I love naked babies.  Look at those eyes, too!
 Taking a break outside with some Popsicle and fudgesicles.
 Ready for church.
 Finding her thumb.  You can see how much she is filling out in this picture. 
This is how our front flower bed looks all finished. I'm so proud of it!

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

Oh man. Your flower bed puts me to shame. It looks great. It was good to see you last week. Thanks for calling me up!