Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Point Barnyard Boo

The week before Halloween, Steve and I took Emilia and Mira to Thanksgiving Point's Barnyard Boo. They have all the regular petting-zoo-type animals, a few of which you can feed, but they also have Halloween themed games for the little ones spaced about the lawn area. The kids get a piece of candy for participating in any of the games, they can have their face painted and go on a wagon ride, etc. We went last year, too and it was even more fun this year because Emilia had a better idea of what was going on and more coordination to play the games. We are talking about Emilia here, so not a TON of coordination. But more than last year. :D

My first look at Mira after she woke up from the car ride. This girl's expressions are priceless. lol.
So are her smiles.
Steve facing off with the mean he-goat (the one that scares all the little goats into running away so he can have all the food--you know which one I mean).

Me and the cutest baby around.
Steve helping Emilia play Halloween croquet.  She loves things like this.  Before she loses interest, she's actually a pretty good little mini-golfer.
The whole fam waiting for the wagon ride to start.
Emilia still talks about how she got to have a kitty on her face.  She was pretty excited about it. I love that she can find joy in so many small things.
The face painting one and this one remind me of the movie Sabrina, when Linus says to his mother, "It's alright mother, I got my face painted and got my pony ride."

I decided this year that Halloween is a holiday for kids. It was fun when I was a child and it's fun again now that I have kids. Yea for candy smiles and feeling like a princess.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

I love that Sabrina movie! Face painting is funny. I distinctly remember getting my face painted at a carnival when I was little and feeling SO beautiful. My mom took a picture that very convincingly disputes how beautiful it looked. Incidentally I also rode a pony at that carnival. :)