Tuesday, November 15, 2011

the pumpkin patch and my cannibalistic pumpkin

Can you believe it's the 21st of November and I still don't have all my Halloween stuff posted yet? I'm so behind!

Before Halloween, I took Emilia, Vivian, and Mira to the Vinyard Greenhouse where they have a kid's cornmaze, tons of pumpkins, and other fun things for the young'uns to do. It was great to have Vivian along because she's a lot more outgoing than Emilia. She forged ahead and Emilia excitedly followed on a lot of these things.

Of course none of them wanted to walk, so Emilia and Vivian squished into the bigger seat on our double stroller.
Love these cuties!
Best friends holding hands through the maze. They were looking for the secret room with the Magic Beans.  It was really just a hard-to-find dead-end with a can of dried pinto beans in it.  Each kid could take one of the beans and bring it to the front desk to trade for a tootsie-roll.  That's kind of magic, I think.
They had a play area with this huge jack-o-lantern, a caterpillar you could crawl through, a castle with funny mirrors inside, and the straw house of the three little pigs.  The girls hung out here for a while and then on to...
the bounce houses!  Emilia was SO not going down this slide until Vivian did it with her.  Then they both went down like 10 more times.
That night, there was a "chili cook-off" and trick-or-treating as a ward (church) activity.  I made chili to put in the contest.  It was a little disappointing that it wasn't actually a contest, though.  No taste-testers! There were about 20 kinds of chili to try, though, so I guess that's something.  The girls were exhausted by the time the party was over, so I brought them home and they went to sleep almost immediately.  Alison came over as I was putting the girls to bed and we carved pumpkins while watching some episodes of Bones season 5.  Not my favorite season, by the way, even though it's probably my favorite show on TV.

I don't know if you can tell, but Alison did an amazing job of carving a Ninja Turtle into her pumpkin.
I decided to make mine a cannibalistic pumpkin.  Tee-hee-hee.  He's so fun!
I think that's it for my Halloween posts, so you all can heave a sigh of relief along with me. Ready, go! :0)

No comments: