Monday, June 8, 2009

Great recipe

I made this recipe for Steve and me the other night and it was a really great, really easy dinner. Thought I'd share. If you want to print the recipe from the website, go here.

Bean, Pasta, and Roasted Pepper Soup

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups chicken broth
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup uncooked ditalini pasta (I love pasta, so I added 1/2 a bag, not 1/2 a cup)
1/2 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar

Directions:

Heat oil in saucepot. Add carrots, celery, onion, parsley and garlic and cook until tender. Add broth, beans, tomatoes and pasta. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook 15 min. or until pasta is done.

Add peppers and vinegar. Heat through.

I served it with salad and sourdough bread. If you make it, let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Canyonsrcool said...

Hmmmm I like black beans, gonna have to try it.

M said...

Ooooo, looks good. We love soup at our house, I'll have to try it!