Thursday, April 30, 2009

Naps, toys with buttons, and swine flu (not)

I've learned over the last few days that Emi has outgrown most of the toys we have for her, and that she needs less nap time. She needs something more complicated than a rattle or stuffed animal. She loves buttons at the moment. So I'm going to make a trip to DI tomorrow to see if I can find some things that she might like. As for nap times, I have been trying to wait for at least a 1/2 hour--if not longer--after she starts acting tired to put her down for her nap. That way, she is exhausted and doesn't fight me to go to sleep. I've been praying to know how to better take care of her and interact with her, and I believe that these are answers to my prayers.

I was at my parents until this morning and we all got sick. Some type of flu bug, i think. Because of the swine flu pandemic, it was interesting to get the flu and think that I had to be careful to watch it, so I didn't die. It was a very mild form of the flu, though, so I never got worried. It wasn't incapacitating, but it was very uncomfortable. So strange.

No comments: