Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Amazing, Wonderful, Terribly Sweet, Handsome and Good Husband

I just wanted to get on and tell everyone about my amazing husband. I was very against him getting a full-time job while doing full-time school. Sadly, it was probably more for selfish reasons than my worry about him, but I was worried about, him, too. That's a lot to have on your plate. But he's doing it! He is not only working full time and going to school full time, but teaching his two classes (until the end of the semester) and doing all that goes with that (like grading), and doing his church calling and helping with Emi when he gets home from work and spending at least some time every day with me.

Then, on top of all that, he submitted some of his work to the school and got one of his research papers accepted into the USU Graduate Conference and one of his short stories tied for 1st place in a writing contest! So...tomorrow he is presenting his research at the graduate conference. And next month he gets to go to the Awards Ceremony to receive his prize. I am so proud of him! I have always known that he is a talented writer and now he is finally getting some recognition for it. Sadly, HE isn't giving himself as much credit as he deserves. Both times that he learned the good news, he said, "Well, they probably didn't have very many entries this year, so I didn't have much competition." Can you believe that? I'll just have to up the number of times I tell him that he's amazing, so maybe he'll get it through his thick skull. :)

Since this is my blog, I figured I can brag a little, right? So there you have it: My Amazing, Wonderful, Terribly Sweet, Handsome and Good Husband.

(The title to my blog is not only a tribute to my husband but to a favorite book growing up called My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.)

3 comments:

Nicoletta said...

You are so good for him, Sabrina because you are great at reminding him how amazing, wonderful, terribly sweet, and good he is. That just means that you are also amazing, wonderful, terribly sweet, and good because you deserve him. Just don't move to Australia, O.k.? I know it might be tempting with the snow that keeps coming down in Logan, but I'd miss all three of you too much.

NKW and WWW said...

You do have an amazing husband. He emailed us about the story but never said anything about the research paper. Thank goodness for his wife who likes to blog and doesn't mind bragging a little or we would never know anything! GOOD GOING STEVE!!!

Heather said...

one of my favorite stories too! And I think it is a Watts trait that we under rate our accomplishments. . .it can be a discouraging trait. So it is great that you brag a little. Please continue bragging because I'll lose touch with y'all if you don't.