So, since I'm officially not breastfeeding anymore, I could fast today for the first time in 18 months. For those of you who don't know, once a month we have "Fast Sunday," where members of the church are invited to fast for 24 hours. The idea is that if you deny yourself of wordly things or things of the flesh (such as food), you are able to get more in tune with your spiritual side. We then are given time during our church services to share our testimony of Christ or his gospel and we are asked to donate the money we would have used to buy those three meals to the church to use to help other struggling families in the ward or for other humanitarian stuff. It's surprising how difficult it is to fast for 24 hours. It's so easy to walk into the kitchen for something and see a banana or a treat we made yesterday and just eat it without thinking. I had forgotten about that. But I'm really glad I get to fast again. I've missed the spiritual high you can feel while fasting. And the answers to prayers that are so much easier to get as I fast and am better able to feel the promptings of the Holy Spirit. I think it is easier for the Lord to guide us when we are purposefully bringing ourselves closer to him and I am excited to have the opportunity to do so once a month again.
And last but not least, a video of Emi. I haven't posted one in a while, so she's a lot bigger and she can do so much stuff. Enjoy!
2 comments:
The same thing happened to us today when we went to church - nothing when we went in and about 6inches three hours later - with heels! I know what you mean about the fasting thing - it makes such a difference when you can actually do it - only about six more moths until I can again:) Emi is SO sweet!
Have I ever mentioned that I have the cutest grandkids in the whole world? Well, I do!
Post a Comment