Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Life is good

Some reasons why life is good at the moment:

1. Emilia is sleeping through the night on a regular basis. Usually 10-12 hours at a time. Ahhh...to not be sleep-deprived. It's like I have a new lease on life. :)

2. Steve got a well-paying job. It's full-time, but they're letting him only work 30 hours a week until the end of the semester, so it won't be quite as crazy. Then he'll start full time at the end of April when school lets out. We will all be on the same health insurance, we might be able to go on vacation this summer, and eating out won't be SO out of the question. Hooray!

3. I booked two more jobs this week. One wedding in August (that is getting my biggest package) and senior pictures next month. Senior pictures are probably my favorite to do, so I'm excited.

4. It's almost spring. And although it snowed this week, I have confidence that once it's done this time, we'll have seen the last of it for a while. I really need some green!

5. I got to see the movie Twilight last week and now I'm re-reading the book. We actually hired a babysitter and went out on a date. That hasn't happened in a while, so that was good in and of itself. But I enjoyed the movie. It felt a little low-budget and of course it wasn't as good as the book, and of course the characters didn't look like the ones in my head, but that's to be expected, so I liked it. I don't often re-read books, but Twilight is so light-weight that I started with it today and should be finished with it tomorrow, so it's kind of like eating candy. A quick snack. :)

6. I'm not breast-feeding anymore!!!!!!!!!! Although the American Pediatrics whoevertheyare say that you're supposed to breastfeed until they are a year old. But some babies never get breastfed and they turn out okay, and given the multitudinous difficulties I've had trying to feed that girl it's a miracle I've made it this long. And do you know what that means???? I can eat PIZZA again! and Cafe Rio and Olive Garden....the possibilities are endless. Tee hee hee.

7. Emilia is healthy and happy and my husband feels good about our situation and I don't mind being at home with the baby. We are more content now than we have been in a long time.

1 comment:

NKW and WWW said...

Oh, the simple joys of life! I hadn't heard that Steve got the job. That is excellent news. I love it when things start falling into place after the struggle. Good work guys.