Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me!

It was my birthday yesterday. When you have a 4 month old, you can't expect much from a birthday, but it turned out pretty good anyway. My present to myself was to not do housework all day. That was nice. Miss Emilia took a nap in her crib yesterday afternoon, so that was her birthday present to me. I watched an episode of Bones while she slept. Steve made me muffins for breakfast and then took me out to dinner using the giftcard he got for his birthday, which I thought was really nice of him. It was an excellent dinner, although there is all of 1 thing on Chili's menu that I can eat. Literally. The manager was REALLY nice and looked up the ingredient in a lot of the foods and made a special batch of fries without the season salt just for me and sauteed some mushrooms in regular butter instead of garlic butter for my mushroom and swiss hamburger. Wasn't that nice of them?

Emilia hasn't been feeling good all week. She's been very clingy and cranky. She seems to be doing better this morning. Lots of energy and wiggling. Unfortunately she has a doctor's appointment tomorrow where they'll give her some more vaccines and make her feel icky again. Ugh.

We were in Orem and Kearns from Tuesday to Saturday of last week for Thanksgiving. It was fun, though a little weird. I was in charge of pies for our family's dinner and I went all out. I made a blueberry pie (my favorite), a pan of apple bars, and a french silk pie. My mom made a pecan pie that my dad could eat and I was going to make a lemon meringue, but Haylee was nice and made a lemon pie, so I didn't have to.

It hasn't snowed here yet, so it doesn't feel like Christmas time. I have a hard time decorating and putting up a tree when there isn't any snow. Is that weird?

Well, Miss Emi is getting bored, so I guess I'll go entertain her. Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was good and happy.

1 comment:

Canyonsrcool said...

Happy (late) Birthday!! As you might imagine things have been crazy around with graduating and moving and all. I'm thinking of you guys. I enjoy the updates and posts.