I tried hard to take more pictures this week. Aren't you proud?
Mondays I usually have counseling and my mom watches Jules for me. But my mom and dad were in Colorado visiting Megan, so I skipped a week and the two of us hung out at home that day. I continue to work on book covers every day, so that's what I do while she naps and after the kids are in bed. When the kids got home from school, we spent a couple hours straightening the house. I even vacuumed and scrubbed the kitchen floor.
That evening I got a surprise visit from my new ministering sisters. They brought me these flowers and chatted with me for a while. My other ministering sisters hadn't spoken to me once the whole time we'd lived here, so I was excited to have a few people in the ward show they care.
Tuesday, Jules and I braved Costco. Around here, Coronavirus hysteria has reached epic proportions. Most Costcos and Walmarts were sold out of TP and water bottles over the weekend. I wasn't sure there would be any when I went, but there was, so I picked up some TP. Not because I'm worried about Coronavirus, but because I was worried when we ran out of TP, there wouldn't be any left to buy.
Then when I got home, Jules went down for a nap and I worked on book covers until she woke up. We had lunch just before the other girls got home from school. I still had to put the groceries away and some of them needed to go in the fridge. But our fridge chaos had reached epic proportions. And when I took everything out to organize, I realized how dirty it was too. So I cleaned the fridge and rearranged it. When I put everything back in, it looked like I hadn't bought any food!
I took the fruit and veggie drawers out to clean the glass on top of them and while I was doing that, Jules found them and decided to dump all of our shredded carrots on the floor and the smooshy celery still in the drawer. She is too adorable to get upset with though.
Wednesday morning, she had a bath. She wouldn't drink her bottle until she got in the tub, little stinker.
Mystery was curious about the bath.
Oh, fun note. While she was in the bath, she started grunting and I knew she was trying to poop. So I rushed her out, grabbed the portable baby potty we have and stuck her on the toilet. And she pooped in the toilet! The next day, she was grunting for a good long while, so i was like, "What the heck, we'll try again" and plopped her on the toilet again. And she pooped there again! She's done it one more time since then. I hope this means she's going to be super easy to potty train.
Wednesday was a pretty normal day until the kids got home from school. I knew Steve had game night and wouldn't be home until late. So I told the girls that when they got home from school and they wanted to do something fun. They suggested going out for ice cream, but I didn't want to spend nearly $30 on a normal-without-daddy evening. So we decided to make cookies and rent Frozen 2 instead.
Before we could start our fun, Mira had activity days and Emilia had to go over to the junior high to register for classes and get a tour of the school. Me and Cecily and Jules and Emilia walked the 4 blocks to the school, realized we'd forgotten the paperwork, the 3 of us waited while Emilia walked back to get it, then spent 45 minutes getting a tour and asking questions. When we got home, it was around 5:30, but we decided to start the movie and make the cookies. So we ate cookie dough and cookies around 6:30. At 7:30 when the movie was over, Cecily kept complaining that she was SO starving. Finally, after 5 minutes straight of this, I realized maybe she'd gotten when Jules had last Sunday and told her to get a puke bucket.
**don't read this paragraph if you don't want to read about yuckiness**
She got the bucket and went to the bathroom anyway. She was in there for about 10 minutes. Nothing happened, though, so she came out and made it almost to the kitchen before throwing up. Luckily she still had the bucket with her. So I only had to clean some of it off the kitchen tile and not the entire contents of her stomach. She didn't throw up again until Friday morning. So she got two entire days off of school, during which she watched inordinate amounts of TV. Heaven on earth for Cecily.
It wasn't until I was thinking about the day later that I realized that my kids had cookies for dinner, I hadn't done dishes for 2 days, and I could say that Frozen 2 literally made my kid sick. :D
So Friday Cecily was home all day watching TV and Jules took a really awesome nap, so I worked on a book cover for a lot of the day. After the kids were in bed, I worked on a second in that series and Steve fell asleep next to me on the couch. Super exciting stuff around here.
Saturday was a little better. We rented Frozen 2 through VUDU, so we had it for 3 days instead of the 1 you get on Amazon. Steve hadn't even seen it once (Wednesday was #2 for the rest of us), so they kids begged him to watch it with them again Saturday morning. He was kind enough to oblige. And it didn't even make anyone sick. Heehee. I went grocery shopping with Jules while they watched, then Steve and the girls cleaned bathrooms while I did our taxes. Then Steve and I got ready and went on a double date with my friend Gina and her husband Josh. We had dinner and played games at Good Move Cafe, then got a treat at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory on the way home.
It was a good week. It felt like a non-depressed week for the first time in a long time. So !hooray! for hormones calming down. Stupid hormones.







No comments:
Post a Comment