Sunday, March 29, 2020
"Good things are coming your way in due course of time"
Week 2 of doing schoolwork at home was not as successful as week 1. No nirvana, for sure. But it still wasn't horrible. From the tales of woe I hear from other parents, I'm starting to wonder why I'm so special though. The fortune I got from my Tuesday night sushi run? My kids are just awesomer than other kids? My kids' teachers are online-teaching wonders? I've been pretty low-anxiety over COVID19, so my kids aren't as affected by it? I don't know. But I'll take it.
Here are some of Cecily's writing assignments, just for fun:
I think it was harder this week because it was cold and rainy all week. Depressing weather + no exercise = wanting to do only the things that make us happy (like play video games and eat food).
This was our yard Thursday morning:
I remember it was Thursday only because that's the day we had scheduled to have tree trimmers come and trim our overgrown fruit trees for us. I was surprised when they showed up at 8am, even though it was covered in snow.
It doesn't seem like they did anything we couldn't have done. I'm glad it was them using climbing gear to stay in the cherry tree in the snow instead of me. But I have the equipment and I'm not sure it was worth $600 for them to do it. Now I know.
Today we're fasting for relief from the corona virus with the rest of the members of our church. And it's making me not want to pay attention to this post. My stomach keeps saying, "Who cares what happened last week?? FEED ME!!"
We did manage to have a lovely meeting as a Frohlich family over Zoom as our church substitute today.
It was Mira's birthday yesterday. I got up and made two different kinds of muffins, blueberry and pumpkin, for her for breakfast. Then she convinced her sisters to play pokemon with her because she got a new stuffed Diance for her birthday. After lunch, Steve took her shopping for her presents. She ended up picking two stuffed animals and a lava lamp. Haha! She's so funny. It was cute to check on her and Cecily last night and have it shining away in her bedroom as the nightlight.
After the shopping trip, she wanted to go out and get soda as a family, so we went to Swig N Sweets. We managed to put a hole in the first 24 oz drink they handed us and had to use 50 napkins to soak up the worst of it. It put a bit of a damper on the trip because Steve was so upset by it. We ended up having to go to 2 Crumbl Cookie shops to get cookies for everyone after our soda disaster.
When we got home, we watched Onward together, had dinner, and Cecily and Steve played a game while Mira pouted that we wouldn't tie ribbons to nerf darts and shoot them into the sky outside in the rainy 35 degree weather.
We also went to Costco this week. It wasn't overrun like a few weeks ago. We bought about 9 new board books for Jules because we were all sick of reading the ones we had over and over again. We may need to buy 9 more next week.
Oh! Monday I woke up all rearing to get my exercise on while we have this quarantine schedule. I exercised Monday and ate pretty well. I even started a stretching routine with Mira and a friend of mine. Tuesday, I was almost done with my workout (literally 2 exercises left in my last set) when Jules crawled behind me and left her bottle there without me noticing, causing me to come down on it while doing high-knees. The bottle rolled and so did my ankle. There may or may not have been swearing. I had to send the kids away so I could swear and cry without an audience. I ended up crawling up the stairs and becoming director of operations from my spot on the couch after showering awkwardly and trying not to die while hopping on one leg on the wet floor of the bathtub. It was much better Wednesday and I'm mostly back to normal today, but I don't think I'll try doing high knees for a while.
Also my awesome and thoughtful friend, Gina, sent me a gluten-free gift basket that arrived on Thursday, too, I think. I've only tried one of the items, but it was DE-licious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment