Sunday, August 3, 2014

Kids kids kids

I have three of them and they run my life. Sometimes that is so fun and rewarding and cool. Other times, not so much. But those times that it is fun and rewarding and cool are awesome. Bed times are hard. Kids never want to go to bed. This is so ironic to me. Because as adults, all we want to do most of the time, is sleep. "Please, just let me sleep!" I think almost every morning when Cecily or Mira wake me up at 6:30am. But sometimes, bedtime can be fun. I get to look at these adorable faces every night. It makes my heart smile.



Watching your kids have a ton of fun is also cool and rewarding.  And my kids all have a ton of fun at splash pads.  I don't know why we never had these growing up, because I'm pretty sure I would have thought they were the best thing on the planet.  (That was back before getting my hair wet with chlorinated water was totally not worth the amount of fun I got out of playing in it.)

Utah has TONS of splash pads.  Springville, in my opinion, has the best splash pad in Utah, which makes us one lucky family.  Here is a picture of most of it.  Behind me in this picture is the part that is more like a typical splash pad with the fountains of water jumping out of the concrete.


Cecily watching the fountains.






We went to visit my parents this week, partly because they were babysitting my kids, and partly because we needed to visit them because we hadn't seen them for a while.  They were babysitting for me because I had a professional development class at the University of Utah.  I need to keep my teaching license current so I can keep "working" at Independent Study.  (And it will come in handy if want to teach for real again.) It was a 2-day class on Thursday and Friday.  Steve watched the girls on Friday, but my parents braved the kids all day on Thursday. They're awesome like that.  This picture was our view on the way home from their house.  I was driving, so it's not the greatest pic.  But we do live in a beautiful place.



Saturday we cleaned out our garage. We are having a garage sale in two weeks and it was getting really cluttered in there. So I cleaned out a bunch of stuff and we rearranged a bunch of stuff, so we could clear off the floor again. It's so freeing to de-clutter! We also fed a family of 7 for dinner last night.  That's a lot of food.  I made some roasted zucchini and squash to eat with our dinner because we don't have enough. Nuh-uh.

This next week we are going camping again. With most of Steve's family. For three days. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

That splash pad looks amazing! And I so know what you mean on the sleep thing. I can always look and feel loving when I look at my sleeping kids. Good luck camping!