Sunday, August 10, 2014

camping (and not camping) again

The beginning of this week was spent (for me) trying to decide whether to go camping with Steve and Mira and Emilia or to stay home with Cecily.  I finally decided Wednesday morning to for sure stay home.  It was a good choice. Steve and Mira and Emilia had a blast. Of course, Steve was there and I was here, so there are no pictures. Unless some of my in-laws took some and want to send them to me (please?). I've been told that boating was a favorite of both children, Steve doesn't care much for wakeboarding (I think it's because he's too tall to balance right on a wakeboard), but still loves water skiing, Aunt Cindy taught my girls how to pee in a bush (thank you!) and there was much eating of sweet stuffs.  It sounds amazing.

Here is a picture of Emilia with her 3-day-old braids and sun-kissed cheeks. She's beautiful.


However, it also rained for like 5 hours on Friday, which, besides the other trials of trying to camp with a 1-year-old, would have been a nightmare with Cecily.  I'm glad we stayed home.  It was fun to spend some 1-on-1 time with Her. She has a quirky little sense of humor, and I think we both enjoy a little less noise than there generally is with a Mira in the house. I did some shopping and garage-saling, lots of cleaning, exercising, some writing, and put up some stuff on eBay. And it was relaxing! Because it was all stuff I wanted to do, and I could finish it all at once without interruptions. Yay!

Here is a picture I took of Cecily and me just before I took us out to dinner. That's the new shirt I bought shopping.  And look at those eyes of hers. They kill me!


No comments: