Sunday, July 13, 2014

What did we do this week?

Hmmm.  What did we do this week?  Whatever it was I didn't feel it worthy of pictures apparently, but I didn't take any. I have been preparing for Emilia's birthday party.  Birthday parties are huge productions at my house, because I couldn't possibly do anything part way.  Thank goodness Megan is doing the cake, so I don't have to freak out over that this week.

Cleaning off the back patio on Thursday was quite the task. Emilia had decided at the beginning of the summer that she needed to make a fairy house on the patio.  This consisted of three paving blocks stacked to make a house.  Then she put in some of her doll furniture and some play food.  It was cute. That is, it was cute until a friend came over to play and they decided to make 8 more similar houses and a sand castle with a garden made of dead flowers and grass and rocks.  They also thought it was tons of fun to throw wet sand at the retaining wall to see if it would stick. Oy. Add all the leaves and tree seeds and spiderwebs from the last year and you've got your work cut out for you.

Thursday I had my writer's group and Friday Steve had game night.  Thursday I also discovered our sprinkler line had a leak, so we had to fix that Saturday morning, so we could water our grass and our garden again.  After we found the leak, we took the girls up Hobble Creek Canyon to play for a while, then we came home and cleaned the house and made dinner since we had some friends over to share it with us. A pretty good week.

Here is a picture and a video from Friday night.  Costco had matching PJs for all my girls and Cecily was being her cute self.



For the video, click here.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

Gotta love (totally hate) it when house repairs hijack fun Saturday plans!