Sunday, July 20, 2014

Emilia is 6!

It's crazy to have kids that get older, isn't it? Pretty soon I'll be saying, I can't believe she's 16! or I can't believe I'm old enough to have a 16 year old!  Although Wilda told me she has a 40-year-old this year.  I'm happy mine is only 6.

We threw a Frozen-themed party for her. And she invited 18 girls.  Good thing only 11 came.

Cera, Emilia, and Maia making snowmen.
Just kidding.  I am a crazy person. 13 girls age 3-9? Sheesh.

All the lovely princesses
But they all seemed to love it, so I guess I did good.  Plus, I have an awesome Momma who drove down and helped.  And it was in the evening so Steve was home to help.

It was pretty easy to come up with activities, since every little girl in the country wants to be Princess Elsa or Princess Anna.  Pinterest was full-up with "Frozen Birthday Party Ideas."

More Olaf-making
We played pin-the-nose-on-Olaf, had a scavenger hunt with lines from the songs on Frozen, "froze" our retaining wall (drew snowflakes on it with chalk), built (playdough) snowmen, made necklaces, opened presents, ate cake and ice cream, and watched the movie.

Opening presents
We had the party on her actual birthday.  That day we also went to the McDonald's play place near our house for lunch.



 After church today, we drove up to my parents' house for a birthday dinner for Megan and Emilia. Emilia was super excited to get another Equestria Girl (a My Little Pony human-ish thing). I had once vowed to never have one in my house because they are a little creepy.  But alas, my children's desires have once again thwarted my plans.

Emilia, Nana, Haylee, Dylan, Mira (in front, facing Nana), and Grandpa (behind at the table)

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

Ha! Equestria girls, pokemon cards, parents are suckers. What a fun party! I saw your pinning on Pinterest and knew what was up your sleeve.