Monday, February 17, 2014

Worry

Seriously? Cecily has been sick for 6 days.  Two days of a mid-grade fever before a gravelly cough and a nasty runny nose. In the last three days, she's gotten diarrhea. EVERY time she eats, she blows out her diaper and I have to change her clothes. She hates having her clothes changed almost as much as she hates being wiped up with wet wipes.  All that poop means a nasty rash that has gone from her butt up her side and over her shoulder, I'm assuming because that's where the poop has gone on so many occasions in the last three days. I'm having to give her probiotics and pedialyte so she doesn't get dehydrated and let's not mention how many kleenexes we're going through. 

Emilia got the same cold two days ago--mid-grade fever since Saturday morning. Then, this morning, as I was doing her hair I noticed something on her cheek by her ear.  Turns out her ear had a bunch of dried blood in it. That usually means they have an ear infection bad enough that it has ruptured the ear drum.  I'm taking them both to the doctor in about 1/2 an hour.

Hopefully Mira stays healthy so I don't have to worry about *all* of my kids.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

Blah! Worrying over sick kids is exhausting. I hope the dr gives you the perfect drugs and makes everything all better.