Sunday, February 9, 2014

Crankiness abounds

Cecily hasn't been sleeping well at night lately, and my attitude has been suffering because of it.  It probably doesn't help that it's been rainy and grey for most of the week either. The last two nights, for example, Cecily has woken up at (around) 11pm, 2am, 5:30am, and 8am. Mira generally wakes up at least once a night and is up for the morning by 7:15am.  Which means that during my 6-8 hours of sleep, I get woken up for 20 minutes or so every 2 to 3 hours. And that's if Steve is good and doesn't snore at all. I wish I was more like Steve who can be chipper on 6 hours of sleep.  But I'm not. Especially when that 6 hours interrupted 3 times.  I'm praying really hard that she starts sleeping better, so we can all go back to being happy.

Emilia had her "best friend" from school over on Friday.  It went pretty well.  I had to remind her that Mira is her sister and is just as special as her best friend.  Once I reminded her, though, she was so very good about finding a way to include Mira in their play.  She amazes me.

To be fair (and sleep-deprivation-induced cranky) she also drives me crazy sometimes.  Like tonight on the way to Grandma and Grandpa's house, when she was sobbing huge tears over the fact that I brought Mira's blankie (because Mira hadn't napped all day and I knew was going to need it) and not her's (because she is 5 and only asks for her blankie when she goes to sleep at night). Oy.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

What a great way to remind kids to be kind when friends are over. I'm totally stealing that. And crying over the blanket? Girls are odd. Calvin would never and Sadie would think Emilia was perfectly justified. Hope you sleep soon!