Saturday, October 30, 2010

costumes and a fish fiasco

I gave Emilia some choices about what to be for Halloween and the one she picked was a fish. She was very excited about having a fish costume. The picture I showed her was a goldfish costume, but she LOVES the Rainbow Fish stories, so I thought it would be more appropriate for her to be Rainbow Fish. So we went shopping and found some colorful cupcake liners and an oversized hoodie. Then Wednesday night I spent 2-3 hours gluing things together.

This is what it ended up looking like (there were eyes on the top, but she ripped them off). This was the happiest she ever looked in it. She screamed and yelled and tried to rip it off every time I put it on.

She was slightly more happy about this costume that I made in 20 minutes on Thursday afternoon. She was not so happy about all the people dressed in costumes at Steve's work Halloween party Thursday night.

Steve wore his trenchcoat and and a suit, which I thought made him look like a private eye from an old black and white movie, so I dressed up as one of the ladies that would come into his office and plead for help. Emilia was a cat burglar that he caught. She started out with a mask face-painted over her eyes, but that was rubbed off before the pictures.

I told Steve to take a picture of my whole costume. Apparently shoes don't count to a boy. :| Anyway, I liked my costume, but Emilia got scared and rubbed her face on my white skirt, so I couldn't wear it again today.

So I ended up being the cat in her burglar. I guess we're pretty cute together.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

Dang kids. Calvin did the same thing. "I want to be a shark!" But no, not really, now that you have bought one. I just want to be the Batman that we already have. Rainbow fish is so cute, though. Maybe baby #2 will love it. You look great, too. Happy Halloween!