Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Yesterday was a pregnant day

It started out with waking Emilia up at 7:45 (a little early for her) (I know, I am totally lucky) and telling her that we had to get ready and go to the doctor because she was going to tell us if the baby in Mommy's tummy is going to be a boy or a girl. Emilia looked up at me and asked, "They going to take it out?" Haha. That girl is so smart!

Then we all went to the ultrasound and found out that we're have a girl and that the ultrasound tech thinks I'm measuring two weeks early. She thinks my due date should be moved to the 9th of April. I think it's unlikely that I'm that early, considering I've been feeling the baby move for about two weeks now, and my cycle was very regular and there is no way I could be off by an entire two weeks. I'll give them a week. As for having a girl, that makes my job easy--except for the name. We have no ideas. (Well, Steve thinks we should call her Elena, but I'm not convinced).

Finally, I realized last night at midnight that my food consumption yesterday was so stereotypical movie pregnancy that I just had to laugh. Let me elaborate:
Breakfast: bowl of cereal
snack: a couple of handfuls of teddy grahams
lunch: endless shrimp at Red Lobster (my mom took me out for an early birthday lunch--thanks Mom!) I had a whole helping of shrimp linguini alphredo, 1/2 helping of garlic shrimp scampi, whole helping of hand-breaded shrimp, 1/2 helping of parmesan shrimp, and 1/2 helping of coconut shrimp, PLUS a ceasar salad and french fries
snack: fun-size laffy taffy and a tootsie roll
dinner: decent size taco salad
snack: two small sugar cookies
snack: piece of whole-wheat toast
snack: entire 6 pk of hostess mini powdered donuts

Can you believe I ate all that? Sheesh! I figure either the baby is growing or she needed some comfort food after all that poking and prodding in the morning. Either way--isn't that funny?

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

I just don't approve of the Laffy Taffy and the Tootsie Roll. Seriously, if you are going to steal your kid's Halloween candy (which you obviously did) steal the good stuff! :)