Well, family and friends, for those of you who don't know, I wanted to share the good news that Steve and I are expecting again. I am about 16 weeks along and I am due on the 27th of March (one day after my mom's birthday--she says she doesn't mind sharing). We find out on the 2nd of November what we're having, so I'll keep you posted.
I have been so much more sick with this pregnancy, it has been ridiculous! Thank goodness it's finally going away. I still can't eat most dairy and absolutely NO cows milk--although the lactose-free stuff seems to do fine, so hooray! I love my cereal and milk in the morning. I would be sad if I couldn't have it at all. Emilia doesn't really understand the concept of me being pregnant yet. She heard the baby's heartbeat at my last appointment and when i told her that there was a baby in my tummy, she looked at me like I had lost my marbles. It was pretty funny.
Oh, and on a completely different note, we can't forget the funny things she's said lately:
We were at Nick and Wilda's house the other day and Steve told Emilia that she was cute. She responds, "You're cute, too, Daddy!" Then Steve asked if mommy was cute, and she says, "You cute, Mommy!" Which I, of course, thanked her for. Then Wilda says, "Is grandma cute?" and Emilia thinks seriously and responds, "Umm....not really." I'm sure that was funnier for me than it was for Wilda, but she was very gracious about it.
Lately, if Emilia doesn't know the name of something or can't remember it, she calls it a dooty-way or a tooty-way. For instance, she picked up Steve's scripture case the other morning and says, "Look, I found Daddy's doody-way!" Last night, though, Emilia and I went out to dinner with some friends of my parents. After dinner, the women went to look at some stuff at JoAnn Fabrics and the men went to Sports Authority, which was next door. As my dad and the husband of the couple went into the store, Emilia says, "Grampa and Tooty-way just went into that store!" hahaha
Emilia was running at full speed down the hallway the other day and must have tried to turn into my bedroom (which is at the end of the hall) too quickly because I heard a thud and then wailing. I hurried down to see what was wrong and asked her where it hurt. "My foot!" she cried. So I kissed it and asked if it was better--which usually works for her. Her response was, "No, I think it needs a little more." Then held up her foot for me to kiss it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment