I have a minute, since we had Stake Conference today, so I decided to transfer my kids' funny stuff over from Facebook along with my regular post.
2/11/17
Overheard conversation . . .
Mira: She shoots rainbows out of her butt.
Emilia: Why would she shoot rainbows out of her butt??
Mira: It's how she defences.
Emilia: Do they stink or something?
Mira: No, they just shoot out.
Emilia: You know that's where poop comes out, too, right?
Mira: Yeah, I know. This is different.
1/23/17
Cecily: My tummy hurts.
Me: You're fine. Eat your pizza.
Cecily: I eat too much.
Me: That's your first piece.
Cecily: I feel like throw up.
Me: You're not sick.
Cecily grins and giggles.
Steve: You wouldn't be smiling like that if you were sick.
Emilia: Yeah, you would be groaning and laying on the couch and watching TV.
Cecily's grin gets bigger: I can do that. Where a phone?
12/31/16
An impromptu interview with Cecily.
What is your favorite food?
Cecily: ice cream. And pizza. Oh! And noodles.
What is your favorite color?
Cecily: Yewow. (Yellow)
What is your favorite toy?
Cecily: Rainbow tiger and Snoopy and Barf & Belch.
Okay. Good answers.
Cecily: Tell me some more.
Oh, okay. Who is your favorite friend to play with?
Cecily: My cousins! And maybe my Grant.
(Grant is the neighbor boy.)
Where is your favorite place to go?
Cecily: Going swimming. And hunting. And tumbling. (She does a tumbling class on Tuesdays. I have no idea where hunting came from. We don't go hunting in our family.)
Who is your favorite person to visit?
Cecily: Aunt Haylee! And Joey and Anessa.
What about grandparents?
Cecily: Yeah! Grandma and Grandpa and Nana and Grandpa.
What--
Cecily: That enough.
You're all done?
Cecily: Mmm-hmm.
12/18/16
Emilia doesn't like having her hair done but on Sundays I make her.
Emilia, today, after 4 minutes: Is this done yet?
Me: Are you done whining yet?
Emilia: You're done whining! . . . Your face is done whining. . .
12/9/16
We have a Christmas book with puzzle pieces in it that you can take out and store in the back of the book. Mira was showing Cecily this feature this morning and Cecily exclaims, "What!? That's genius!"
11/12/16
Emilia: Ew! What's that smell?
Mira: Cecily tooted.
Cecily: I not toot! My butt burp.
*giggles*
Emilia: A butt burp *is* a toot.
Cecily: Ohhhh.
*more giggles*
11/7/16
As we took Cecily (and the other two) trick-or-treating on Halloween, I told Steve that Cecily probably thought this was the best night of her life. She got to dress up as one of her favorite characters ALL DAY and now we were going to people's houses and they were just HANDING her candy. She couldn't run to the next house fast enough. After her bag got so heavy she couldn't carry it, Steve held it for her and she had people hand her candy at their doors. EVERY TIME someone handed her a piece of candy, she would flip around, hold it high above her head and make her "Look at this! I am so surprised!" face. She LOVED it. Every night for the last week, her bedtime prayers have started like this: "Heavenly Father, Thankful we can go trick-or-treating. Thankful we can get all the candy for the people. (Meaning "from the people.") Thankful a person was gone and another one was gone. Thankful the candy left outside and another left outside." Her enthusiasm for life is my favorite thing about Cecily. Love that turkey.
10/23/16
It's Steve's birthday and we were having cake. But after putting the candles on the cake, we had to wait a few minutes for the table to be cleared and everybody to be ready to sing. Cecily, impatient to eat her cake, walked up to Grandma and said, "We put the fire on it now?"
10/4/16
We were driving in Spanish Fork near Costco where there is a turn arrow and two through arrows. Mira sees the through arrows and says, "Up? That's silly. The cars can't float *up*."
9/26/16
Me: Cecily you just might be the cutest girl in the world.
Cecily: No I not.
Me: How about the cutest girl in the galaxy? Do you want to be the cutest girl in the galaxy?
Cecily: No.
Me: How about the universe?
Cecily: No.
Me: You don't want to be the cutest girl in the universe? What do you want to be?
Cecily: Nothing.
Me: You could be the smartest girl in the universe.
Cecily: Yes.
(Definitely a smart girl.)
9/5/16
Telling stories to entertain themselves on the way home from our hike. Cecily's started line this: Once upon a time there was a black fairy named... Cowboy...
8/21/16
Cecily hates Sundays because we don't let our kids watch TV on Sunday. On the way home from Sunday dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house--
Cecily: Mom! It Friday!
Me: No, it's Sunday.
Cecily: It NOT Sunday. We already do Sunday.
8/9/16
Cecily: "I want more blood. And death." #thankyouzootopia
7/29/16
I love the conversation my kids just had.
Emilia: Traeven (her imaginary husband) is working from home today. Mira, you know how Daddy has a full-time job, and sometimes Mom works at the school teaching classes? It's like that except I work full time and Traeven sometimes works making things for websites.
Mira: Yeah, Stevalatcho (Mira's imaginary husband) is working from home, too.
Emilia: Traeven's full name is Traeven Wotts. Wotts is spelled W-O-T-T-S. (So she can be married and still have the same last name.)
After being told repeatedly that we would swim after lunch and that she could not watch TV before then, Cecily found Nana's lap for sympathy. Then she growls, "Mom!"
"What do you want Cecily?"
(still growling) "I want to swim. Or watch TV."
Chuckling, I say, "You certainly know your mind, don't you?"
Cecily's eyes narrow. "Mom, this is serious."
Walking to the car after playing at the splash pad, someone zooms by us on a skateboard. Surprised, Cecily puts her arms out to stop us from being run over (by the person who is now a good fifty feet away) and says, "I think we have a situation here."
7/7/16
Me: go eat breakfast.
Emilia: I'm going to feed blankie first. I keep his food in the printer.
Me, laughing: I find it funny that not only do you feed your blankie but you do it often enough that you know where it's kept.
Emilia, giggling: I figured it out two days ago. Know what's in it? There's two different kinds of Blankie Bites. One is dried chocolate frosting on the outside. Then inside is Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Costco chicken, and carrots.
Me: That's disgusting.
Emilia, giggling again: I know! But it has breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. The other kind of Blankie Bite is the same. Strawberry frosting, donuts, beef, and green beans. Then blankie can eat it all day.
6/25/16
Driving up the canyon for family pictures, we told Emilia to close her eyes and put her head down so she wouldn't get motion sick. A few minutes later...
Cecily: Mom, I sick. I close my eyes. [...pause with eyes closed...] Oh! I can't see.
No comments:
Post a Comment