Sunday, October 23, 2016

Costumes started and book signing

This week was mostly filled with shopping for and sewing Halloween costumes. I'm not done yet, but I've got the parts done that required the most sewing. All three girls wanted to be glitter force girls for Halloween. If you haven't seen Glitter Force, here is a picture of the girls after they power up with the glitter force:


My girls are being Glitter Breeze (blue), Glitter Lucky (pink), and Glitter Peace (yellow).  Here is what Mira's base costume looks like. They will wear a white shirt under it and I still need to add the bows and the lace on the sleeves.


On Thursday, I also took Emilia to the library to meet Shannon Hale. She's the author who wrote The Princess in Black series and the Princess Academy series and the Ever After High series. We got our books signed and got some pictures. Emilia also won a copy of Black Widow: Red Vengence from another author who was there, Margaret Stohl.





Going to these sorts of things are always interesting for me, since I want to be a recognized author some day. What would it be like if I was up there talking about the process? What would it be like to have people want my signature or a picture with me? It would be kinda weird. But it could be good, too, I guess. I mostly want to influence people for good. And if they want my signature, at least some of them probably were touched by my words, right? Here's hoping. :)

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

Ooooo! I love Shannon hale! And I can't wait to see pics of the glitter girls! Why aren't you being one?