Since we were up the canyon last week, the girls and I decided to celebrate Father's Day for Steve today. We wrapped his present and gave it to him, along with breakfast in bed. The girls and Steve then enjoyed making "blankie lasagna" and other silly things with their blankies and pillows after Steve finished eating.
Yesterday, we had family pictures in the evening, but getting ready took me days. We took a trip to DI on Tuesday to find an outfit for Cecily that would match the stuff I picked out for the rest of us. I can never thrift shop for a short amount of time. This trip was no exception. But we found a lot of fun stuff. Two outfits for Cecily. A couple of things for each of the rest of us, too, including a pair of "cowboy boots" for Emilia to wear for her horseback riding lessons.
![]() |
| Cecily found four Snoopys to add to her collection. |
![]() |
| Snoopys! |
![]() |
| The outfits I originally picked out. |
Wednesday, I shopped for ribbon.
Thursday night while I watched a movie, I made bows and a headband to match outfits.
Saturday morning, I painted everyone's nails and toenails. (Okay, not Steve's.) That's 80 nails that got painted yesterday. Phew! I forgot to re-cap one of the polishes at one point and of course it got tipped over and spilled all over the floor. Of course there were a number of bumped nails that needed to be redone. And of course, which colors to put where was a source of much deliberation. But I love the unique combos everyone picked. We had to bathe everybody and do everybody's hair. Plus, I gave three of us haircuts (one of them was me--the jury is still out on whether that was a bad idea).
We also managed to FINALLY install the kickboard and the frame on the mirror in the girls bathroom. All I have left to do is decorate and paint baseboards. WAHOO!!
Thursday, I also finally took the crib down. Cecily hasn't been sleeping in it for over six months, but her crib mattress fit next to the crib on the floor, so I've been lazy and left it that way for this long. But no more! The crib is down. So I can put her bed up this week, too.
Thursday was also new treadmill day. The frame under the tread on our old one cracked, so we found a "new" one on KSL and the guy was nice enough to deliver it. I had to clean out the garage so we had somewhere to store the old one until we could take it to the dump. We needed room to maneuver a new treadmill into the basement, too. Steve and I managed to get the old treadmill out in a matter of five minutes, so we told the neighborhood guys that agreed to come help, that getting the new one in would be a ten minute job. Ugh. Try over an hour. The new treadmill was wider than the door both directions. We ended up having to open the treadmill, stick the tread part through the door first and angle it up the stairs, then close it as much as possible while we got the bottom end of the front through, then we had to drop the tread part one step and lift up the bottom of the front to chest height to get the top of the front through. When we finally got the entire thing through the doorway, we had to close it up and shimmy it through the gap to the family room where we could finally roll it to where we wanted it. It was a trying experience. I felt like I'd been in the trenches with those poor guys.
The girls and I went to the library this week, got donuts, and went grocery shopping together. On Monday night for Family Home Evening, we all went to the dollar store to buy supplies for 72 hour kits. I bought backpacks at DI a while back to pack everything in. So tomorrow we will pack our 72 hour kits and try to find a place to store them in the garage.
The girls also had swimming lessons all week (including Cecily this time) and their classes on Wednesday.
![]() |
| Waiting for lessons to start. Cecily is in pink at the back of the 2nd row from the right. |
![]() |
| Cecily, left |
![]() |
| Mira, middle (obviously) |
![]() |
| Emilia demonstrating her back float. |
Well--they were all supposed to have classes on Wednesday. And I drove to all of them. But we were running late to Cecily's tumbling class, so I ran her in when we got there and left the other two in the car just until Cecily was situated. Her class is upstairs and down a hallway. I get to the hallway and it's dark and all the doors are closed. So I look at my phone to make sure I have the right time, and instead of seeing the time, I see the notification for Mira's dance class. So I think, "Oh crap! I mixed them up. We're supposed to be at Mira's class!" So I run Cecily back out to the car and rush back to Springville. The whole time I'm yelling at the slow drivers and feeling frustrated at the lights, and then we're a couple blocks from Mira's class and I realize I set up notifications on my phone for an hour before classes start. I had it right to begin with! It was Cecily's class we were supposed to be at. So then, I have to call the tumbling place, explain the completely illogical workings of my brain to a twenty-year-old with no kids and try to figure out a make-up day. Which happened to be Thursday. At least Mira was early to her dance class!
![]() |
| Mira is front row, middle in the dark pink shirt and dark pants |
![]() |
| It was 98 degrees for Emilia's lesson this week. And there is NO shade. |
Some random pictures of my kids being cute:
And pictures of us going to get pictures taken. When we get the photo shoot pictures back, I'll post 'em. Have a good week!






























No comments:
Post a Comment