To celebrate, we went to the dollar store and picked out a toy and got three helium balloons. That night we went the library and then the Cocoa Bean. She got a sugar cookie and decided after three bites she didn't like it. I guess we should have gone for ice cream. ;) After Cocoa Bean, we went to the park. Emilia wanted to sit in the car and read and I was cold, but Steve and the younger two played for quite a while.
![]() |
| There is a girl in front of each pillar if you look close enough. |
The cat keeps bringing home "presents" for us. Three birds and a snake this week. The kids were all fascinated by the snake. None of us appreciate the dead birds so much.
Emilia's last day of school was Friday. We're both excited for her to be home over the summer. What she doesn't know is that I'm going to institute a chore routine over the summer. I hope it works (meaning I hope it gets them to help out more without an equal increase in complaining and fighting). What she does know is that we've signed them up for two straight sessions of swim lessons (only one for Cecily) and each of them got to pick one sport/class to try. Emilia chose horseback riding. Soccer came in a close second, but she'll get to do that in the fall. Mira chose hip-hop dancing. And we chose tumbling for Cecily. I hope it doesn't wear us all out!
I also chose to do summer camps for the school I taught Creative Writing Club at. I'm going to do two art projects and a "get published" sort of camp. They are only two days a week for three weeks, so I'm hoping it won't be too stressful.
I got to go to the temple on Friday. It was a cloudy day and it made for a beautiful picture.
On Saturday, we invited the Nelsons to come have a BBQ with us so the girls could play with their cousins. An extra cousin (second cousing Andee Hill) came too and all the girls had a blast together. This is ALL of them. They got the dogs on the hill howling with all the noise they made forming this slide train. And they did it like 50 times. Cousins are awesome.












1 comment:
Ah, your kids must be like mine when I give them chores. So. Incredibly. Frustrating. I'm planning on wearing out their whiners with work this summer too. Good luck to both of us!
Post a Comment