Thanksgiving week. Love the food and the family time. Though I could generally do with a little less of both. :)
I'm blessed with a great bunch of in-laws who I love spending time with. Being an introvert, I can generally only handle about 6 hours of extended family time before I need to be by myself for a good couple hours to recharge. During the holidays, that six hours gets extended to 10 for days on end and despite loving everyone I'm with, I get worn out.
This year I made four pies and two batches of flaties/crusties. I was supposed to make two more for the Frohlich Thanksgiving celebration, but we didn't eat the four I made at the Watts', so I didn't have to make more
This year, we had Thanksgiving with the Watts' on Thursday. The Nelsons came down, so my girls were in heaven playing with their cousins.
On Friday, the Strattons were also there. Those boys are good kids and Mira especially likes playing with Keegan. Grandma and Grandpa Watts were generous enough to throw a "gingerbread" house-making party. (We actually use graham crackers.) All the kids had a blast, and most of the adults participated, too. Heather Stratton and I went all-out on our houses. We were the last two standing.
I was amazed at her architectural genius. Nicole and Wilda made a map of Disneyland. Carter Stratton made London Bridge and Xander made a couple of cars to drive across it. Emilia made a Ninjago monastery, Mira and Keegan made cute little houses, and Brandt made a house with santa's sleigh on top that got destroyed by invading gummy bears. There are 3 I didn't get pictures of because they went home with the Nelsons before mine was complete. Tristan made a bird's eye view of a Caribbean island, and he and Meg made a church with an elaborate garden. Grandpa and Jane worked hard on a fairy house that Jane said was her "dream house." It was fun to see all the kids so excited about their creations.
Saturday was a wind down and run errands type of day, though Steve and I did get to attend the temple in the evening. It started snowing right before we left, but luckily we only had about an inch when it was done. Today, (Sunday) we are up at my parents' house to celebrate Thanksgiving with this side of the family.








1 comment:
You guys are amazing house makers! I feel a little stressed thinking about it. :)
Post a Comment