I didn't have a lot going on this week. My to-do list was actually pretty short. And it's a good thing, too, because I had a bad week with depression and didn't have the mental energy to accomplish much anyway. The biggest things on my list were laundry and getting Thanksgiving decorations up. I got those two done, so I'll call the week a success.
Cecily has been super cute lately, and she's also been a major pill. I guess that's what comes of learning new things -- like how to talk in sentences and how to climb to the top bunk by herself. Independence + new ideas + plus new ways to express yourself = funny, crazy, often cranky 2 y/o.
Facebook funnies:
11/1
Me: What do you want to watch, Cecily?
Cecily: Dragons.
Me: Do you want to watch the movie or the ones on the disk?
Cecily: Dragon stick.
Me: Oh. Do you mean Race to the Edge? (Also a HHTYDragon show)
Cecily: No.
Me: Okay, so the movie?
Cecily: No. Dragon stick.
Me: Oh! You mean the dragon disk?
Cecily (nodding): Dragon stick.
Mira and Emilia commence telling her that it's "disk" not "stick" and Mira says repeatedly, "Can you say disk?" to which Cecily replies, "Stick."
Me: Let's try this: Cecily say "d" "isk."
Cecily: "d" "stick"!
11/1
I came out to the car after church to a bewildered Steve. Cecily had climbed into the driver's seat and said, "I drive dis one." As I took the picture, she held out her hand saying, "Need da keys." When I handed them to her, she inserted the right one into the ignition, then pushed the radio buttons and stated confidently, "Disten a sukick." (Listen to music)
11/1
Steve goes in to get Cecily out of her crib.
Steve: You took your clothes off! Why did you do that?
Cecily: Don't know!
10/5
Some things to know before you read this overheard conversation--Cecily often just repeats whatever the person she is with says. Like if I say, "Say thank you." She will say, "Say thank you!" Also, Mira is a quick thinker.
Cecily, upon finding Mira: Hi, Momma!
Mira: I'm Mira.
Cecily: I Mira.
Mira: No. I'm Mira!
Cecily: No, I Mira!
Mira (with the thinking): I'm Cecily!
Cecily: I Mommy!
Mira: Ergh...
Cecily: I Daddy!
9/30
We hear the "I can work miracles" song by Fall Out Boy on the radio and Mira pipes up from the back seat: "Jesus is a walking miracle. Right? Because he's perfect and he has miracles in his body."
9/29
I was picking tomatoes in the garden today when Mira and her friend came and asked me to do something for them in the back yard. It was easier to climb up the retaining wall than pick my way through the garden, so that's what I did. Following behind me, I hear Mira say proudly to her friend, "My mom's tough." Later, when she needed my help again, she told her friend, "My mom's awesome. But my dad is awesomer. He's taller than my mom."
9/19
I went in to tell Emilia it was time to stop reading and go to sleep. She astounds me sometimes.
Emilia: Mom, I've been thinking. When I read a book, I have all the stuff I read at the front of my mind. But then I want to read another book, and that other stuff has to move to the back of my mind to make room for the new book. And then I read another book and that other stuff has to move to the bottom of my mind, and the second stuff moves to the back, and the new stuff goes in front.
Me: Does that bother you?
Emilia: No. It's just that my mind sort of has traffic, too. That's why I have a hard time falling asleep. All that traffic in there going around.
9/16
A conversation with Mira.
Me: That is Not a Good Idea is in my church bag. Go get it.
Mira: What's not a good idea?
Me: The book. It's in my church bag.
Mira: What's in your church bag?
Me: That is Not a Good Idea. That's the name of the book. It's in my church bag.
Mira: Church bag is the name of a book?
Me: *sigh*
9/13
We're at regional conference today and half-way through the second hour, Emilia and Cecily are going crazy. They have sat still for far too long. So I tell Emilia to take Cecily out in the hall and walk around for a while. Emilia excitedly complies, but a minute later, she's back. Before I can ask why, she flings a diaper at me. "Mom, Cecily's diaper fell off." Ahahaha! The people behind us were laughing as hard as I was.
9/5
My kids went with the rest of the family to the pool while I stayed with the napping little ones. When they got back, I asked how it was.
Mira: There was a kid's pool.
Emilia: Yeah and a splash pad. But we didn't get in the big pool because it was cold.
Mira: (echoing Emilia) c-o-o-o-l-d. It was as cold as the sun is hot.
Wow. That's pretty cold.
8/29
After we arrived home from the beach, Steve took Cecily in to shower her off. Apparently, he got in first to rinse off his feet.
Cecily: Daddy, you doin'?
Steve: Washing my feet. Because they're dirty. Dirty as sin!
Cecily: Yeah. Exacwy!
8/16
From Mira's primary teacher today:
Some older people came into Sharing Time and were sharing stories of Jesus as if they were actually there.
Mira turned to me and said, "Fat people are weird."
I said, "What do you mean?"
She said "Well, look at them! They are all fat!"
I said, "Do you mean old?"
She said, "Yeah! I get those words confused all the time!"
-----------------
Today I held up a picture of two kids fighting and asked what they were doing.
Mira said: Fighting
I said: Good, and how do you think they feel?
And she said: Vexed!
At the end of class she likes to re teach my lessons, so she held up the same picture and asked, "What are these kids doing?"
I said: Fighting
She said: How do they feel?
I said: Vexed
She puts the picture down and says, "You cant just say the same things I said!"
8/12
When Cecily thinks something is scrumptious, she always says, "Mmm! Dish-iss!" (Which is super adorable, BTW.) Tonight, she picked out paint samples at Home Depot and as she looked through her choices, told me, "Mmm! Colors dish-iss! Nom, nom, nom." Totally an #artistatheart
7/26
Mira was the only child in her primary class today. After the teachers finished their lesson, Mira decided to teach. I asked her what she taught about and she told me, "The old lady who saved the baby from being flushed." That's a funny thing to teach about, I thought. But after asking the teachers about it, I found out she had found this picture and pointing to the Pharoah's daughter said, "The old ladies are trying to save the baby from being flushed in to the ocean." Such an imagination! And not too far off, really. Except maybe the "old lady" part.







No comments:
Post a Comment