Sunday, November 15, 2015

Always busy

I have felt recently that I never have time to sit down during the day. I am constantly running, running, running. And I'm not sure if that is normal for a stay-at-home mom of three kids between 2 and 7, or if I am particularly good at giving myself too much to do.

I'll let you know when I figure it out.

"Do you like the style I'm using, Mom?"
This last week, we didn't have a ton of big things going on. Probably the biggest thing was yesterday when I had a wedding to photograph and writing group. So this week, I had to do my daily writing and read submissions. Plus, Emilia wanted to enter some art into a contest for the local museum, the Springville Museum of Art. So we spent quite a few afternoons designing and painting a picture to enter.
Emilia working on her picture.
The finished, framed product.
The weather was so nice this week that I made them go outside and play most afternoons, too. I'm a little frustrated with the neighborhood kids lately, though. Emilia comes in almost every day crying because one of the neighbor boys tells her he can't stand her and won't play with her or anyone who is playing with her. So the other neighborhood kids tell her to go home. It's so rude. I can see why her feelings are hurt. And Emilia has apologized to him, written him notes/drawn him pictures/talked nicely to him, but nothing seems to make a difference. He is the youngest of six kids, five of whom are boys, so I think he asserts control in his life by deciding who can play with him. I can understand it, but it still sucks.

Steve were able to go on a date Friday night. We went out for dinner and then went to Toys R Us to start our Christmas shopping. I hope to be done by the first week of December.

We went to the library one night this week and they were having a book sale. I can't resist a book sale. I got 20 books for $10. I'm excited to read the ones I found for myself--you know--along with the twelve others piling up on my dresser as I try to finish writing my own book. I feel like it may be 10 years before I have time to read again. I suppose having my kids little is a blessing, too, so I have to remember it's okay that I can't read for a little while.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

I don't let myself buy books anymore. So. Many. Books. I suggest you never work at a library. :)