Because of this decision, I started a lot of projects. However, my main focus lately has been my book. Since I'm pitching it to an agent in May, I need to get it totally polished. But last Sunday, Steve expressed despair at how many projects we have sitting around.
This week was writing group, so after Steve told me that, I decided that this week instead of writing in my free time, I would read submissions and work on projects.
![]() |
| I accidentally took this when I went to take a picture of the headboard. |
It really didn't take me more than a couple hours. I found the plans online and bought the wood a few weeks ago. Borrowed my dad's brad nailer and voila! New head board. I was pretty awesome that day, though. I also volunteered in Emilia's classroom, did five loads of laundry (AND folded it), made dinner, exercised, and painted one of the closet doors three times so I could rehang Steve's tie rack (when the door dried, of course).
Tuesday was a crazy day. Had to grocery shop and had a presidency meeting and a counseling appointment. Steve's new health insurance pays for counseling and I love going. It's a nice perk.
Wednesday and Thursday I put a coat of stain on the headboard each day.
We also had a pony spa day and Steve played LOTR on Wednesday.
Friday, I was supposed to babysit, have my mom come down to help reupholster our couch, and the girls were invited to a birthday party. Of course, Cecily woke up with a rash.
So my crazy day went something like this: I took Cecily to the doctor, found out she was probably not contagious, brought her home, got lunch for the kiddos, my mom arrived, got lunch for the two of us, stripped 300 staples (give or take) from my couch, used the old fabric as a guide to cut my new vinyl, helped sew it back together, picked up Emilia from school, got her and Mira off to a birthday party, made dinner, finished fitting the new fabric to the couch in order to find out that we didn't have the right size staples, put the girls to bed (with Steve's help) and then watched Leap Year with him.
![]() |
| Before |
About this point in the project, I tried to put tufts in the back of the couch without buttons. It didn't work. I succeeded in putting holes in my material. So the girls and I took a trip to Joanne's with a detour at Krispy Kreme. The donuts were "Hot Now" so we had to go in and get our free sample.
![]() |
| During |
![]() |
| After |












1 comment:
Oh my goodness, Sabrina! You are so good at tackling enormous projects. And the they totally turned out awesome! And I'm so happy you are ready to submit your book. I think about it, I don't know, maybe once a month and wonder how it's going and if you have the sequel written yet. :)
Post a Comment