Sunday, March 8, 2015

A new post, a new car, a new roommate

I feel sometimes like our lives are so routine that it's really not worth telling all of you about it. But I do anyway. So sorry if we're boring. :)

Nana reading to all the girls when she came to bring Alison's stuff.
Alison did move in last Sunday. So we are squishing 6 of us plus a dog into our 4-bedroom house. Steve feels like we need to get rid of more stuff so he doesn't feel cramped. It's probably not a bad idea, but I mentally went through all the stuff we have and I feel like we use most of it. Or we need to occasionally. For example. We have a closet full of blankets and sheets. Ones we don't use on our beds or for picnics. BUT, when we have people visit, and stay over night, we use almost the entire closet getting beds made. I'm not sure what we would do if we didn't have those waiting. See what I mean? Would you keep all those blankets for a once-a-year occasion? If not, what would you do for the visitor's beds when they do come?




This week was rough because all of us were in terrible moods. Cecily is determined to get what she wants at all costs. Usually it is food or an electronic device. She can figure out a way to climb onto pretty much any surface if it has one of those two things on it. She's also big enough now that containing tantrums is nigh unto impossible. I have nearly dropped her a couple times because she has flung herself backward hard enough to loosen my grip on her. Stinkerpants McGee. That's her nickname.




Also, I think I missed telling you about Steve getting rear-ended on the interstate. That happened on the 24th of February. He was going 65 when a kid missed that people were slowing down and smashed Steve's bumper. He got hit hard enough to break the bolts on the driver's seat and cause $3000 damage to the rear of the car. We didn't care about the car--it was on it's last legs anyway. Burning/leaking oil, clutch going out, paint peeling off everywhere, pieces of the interior falling apart. So the $1800 the insurance decided to give us was a LOT. But I'm very grateful that Steve was fine. He had some whiplash and soreness the day of the accident, but no lasting problems it seems. Yesterday he spent about 8 hours looking at used cars. He ended up buying an old Toyota. Hopefully it will be as good a car for us as our Saturn was. That thing almost never needed repairs and we've had it for our entire marriage.

Mira and Emilia being rock stars.

Mira set these four books out the other day and told me they were titled from top left to bottom right: "The Witch's Explore, Buildings Go Down, Mountain's Believe, and The Pink Page." I should letnher title all the books in the house. ;)

Below is a picture of Cloudsdale (from My Little Ponies) that Emilia looked at the draw the picture below it. I was impressed with her skill.



No comments: