Cecily is the cutest kid.
 |
| She loves kitties lately. And purses. |
She has a great big smile that will light up a room. She has an enthusiasm for everything that she does that often makes me want to be more like her.
 |
| A selfie. She giggled when she saw herself. |
She has the cutest little voice and her vocabulary is getting bigger. She has been yelling "light!" lately and pointing at all the light fixtures in the house because that is the most recent word she learned.
She is also a terror. She gets into EVERYTHING.
 |
| More kitty love. "Meow. Meow. Meow." All day. |
She has cut her hands on Steve's razor that she found in the bathtub. She cut her fingers on knives she has climbed on the counter to get. She has cut her fingers on the glass in picture frames because she took it off a table, figured out how to get the back out and dumped out the picture and the glass and then started playing with it.
She is constantly spilling water out of glasses all over herself and the floor and the table and the counter and the bathroom and the hallway (those have all happened in the last week).
 |
| Kitties in purses. Even better. |
She is learning how to use a spoon by herself at 17 months because she's annoyed that I might not let her have the spoon when she wants a bite. She is constantly eating or finding things to eat or finding things that she shouldn't eat and putting them in her mouth anyway. She likes to pull things out of cupboards, bookshelves, closets, drawers, boxes, baskets, you name it.
 |
| Trying to pour water on her own head. She wasn't very succesful. But she was very enthusiastic. |
I can't tell you how many times I've walked into a room, had Cecily look up at me, drop whatever she has in her hands and run. She
knows. Usually she's giggling as she runs, too. That child! I told my mom tonight, "I love this child. But I love her more when she's asleep." She is amazing and exhausting and I love her to death.
We had a pretty normal week. Laundry and grocery shopping, some trips to the park (because really, what is with this AMAZING weather!?), and stuff for callings. The primary program was today and my parents and Steve's parents came to watch. Mine stayed for dinner. I was very proud of Steve. I have never watched a primary program where the kids knew the songs as well as his. They knew all the words to
all the verses of all the songs. They sang like they meant it and I could tell they wanted to please him as they stood up there. It was impressive.
 |
| Cecily got down from her spot so she could go eat Nana's food. |
On a completely random note, I pulled out my garden this week and was impressed by the root system on my cherry tomato plant. So impressed that I took a picture.
This coming week, I have my writing retreat. And I am SO-O-O excited. So excited.
1 comment:
Cecile seems a little like my ev (3rd child thing?) I adore him. He is crazy. I adore him.
Post a Comment