Monday, April 7, 2014

straightening, Star Wars, sickies

On Monday, we were invited to Ben and Haylee's house, so the girls could wear their new Frozen dresses and watch Dylan's new copy of Frozen that she got for her birthday.  Monday is always my laundry day and we usually have to straighten the house, but it was really bad Monday.  I got all three girls bathed and dressed and when I was done, Cecily went down for a nap.  I had a moment to walk around the house and drink in the amazing phenomenon that is a child's ability to mess up an entire house in under 30 minutes.  I documented for solidarity purposes.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates the treadmill that is housework with multiple children.






 

I had most of it picked up before dinner that night, but only because Cecily wasn't feeling well and took a long nap.

Tuesday was April Fools Day.  We didn't have any practical jokes at our house.  My mother may disown me.

Wednesday, Cecily was worse, so I took her to the doctor.  She had bad double ear infections. Another round of antibiotics.  Thankfully, I only have to give this kind once a day.  Twice a day is killer.  Tuesday night it snowed.  Only about an inch.  But when the girls got up, they begged to go out and play in it.  I got them all dressed in their snowsuits and they played outside for a solid hour.  It was great! And it was a good thing they went out at 8am, because by 10:30, it was sunny and by noon, you couldn't tell it had snowed.  Everything had melted.  This picture is a little blurry because our window is dirty, but that's the girls kneeling in the snow.

Friday was a momentous night for our family.  Bubby watched Star Wars for the first time.  I think she really liked it.  She sat through the whole movie.  Emilia, on the other hand, was bored before the near-squishing in the trash compactor. She has little patience for shows that aren't cartoons.  I'm okay with that, though.  Cartoons are generally so much more innocent.  I'm glad I don't have to worry about what she watches yet.




Saturday and Sunday were General Conference for our church.  I always love listening to the leaders of our church.  I feel strengthened and buoyed up by their messages of hope and faith.  And there is always something that strikes me that I need to work to improve in my life, which is important, too. I think as disciples of Christ, we constantly have to be improving ourselves if we hope to follow the counsel in Matthew, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Saturday I also worked on spackling the walls in our master bedroom.  Got about 1/2 way done with the chair rail awfulness only to realize that the floorboards might be unsalvageable because of the caulking used to finish the beadboard.  I may try to take the electric sander to it before I rip it out and start over.  We'll see how motivated I'm feeling.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

I tell john each room of the house gets cleaned once a day. That's all I've got. And, um, I don't like Star Wars. Can we still be friends?