Steve has been looking for a new job for a while now, and he's been interviewing with a company for almost three weeks. First they had him do a video interview. There were no other people involved; he just went to a website, they gave him a question, and then he had to record a video of himself answering the question. Then they had him do a written interview/exam that took 2 hours. Then they did a phone interview. Then they had him come in Tuesday for a face-to-face interview. This took another hour and fifteen minutes. The crazy people finally got back to him on Friday to tell him they went with someone else. Steve took it pretty well. I'm honestly glad he didn't get it. It seemed a little disrespectful of their candidates lives that they expected them to take SO much time out of their work day to interview for this position. Maybe that's just me.
![]() |
| Mira reading to herself at the library. I'm so glad my kids have inherited my love of books! |
Also on Tuesday, we took our 2007 Chrysler to the mechanic because the engine light was on. It was a transmission problem. We picked it up on Friday, one rebuilt transmission richer and $2200 poorer. That hurts.
Tuesday night, we had a Relief Society activity. I'm on the committee, and I was assigned to bring a couple of trifles for dessert. We did a progressive-type dinner, where we switched tables between each course so we could get to know everyone a little bit better. It was a little chaotic, but fun.
Thursday, I babysat my three nieces along with my three kids. For having 6 kids under the age of 7 on my watch for 6 hours, it was actually really easy. They were all girls and two of them napped for at least 2 hours each. The other four hadn't seen each other since Thanksgiving and played like happy little princesses. Thursday also happened to be Jane's birthday--one of the cousins I was babysitting. It was so cute how the other girls did everything they could to make her feel special. Emilia decided she needed a surprise party. She and Meg set up bunch of activities in the basement, made confetti, and surprised Jane with a party. They colored her pictures and made her birthday cards. Also, when they decided to watch some television, Meg and Emilia made Jane a throne by piling colorful pillows on her chair. They called her "The Queen of Utah" the whole afternoon. We also made rainbow cookies together. It was a fun day.
I've been doing an "I'd love to!" jar with my girls. This means that if I ask them to do something (like pick up their toys) and they say, "I'd love to!" they get to put a puffball in a jar. When the jar was full, I told them we could go for ice cream. Well, the girls filled the jar on Monday, so Wednesday night, we got some Coldstone. Immediately after finishing her ice cream, Emilia whined that she didn't get a cake pop or a chocolate (which they were also selling). So ungrateful! I'm not sure how to teach her to be satisfied with what she has.
Saturday was an Easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Watts'. The girls didn't really get the concept of finding their own eggs. They just found an egg and stood there and yelled at the person's whose it was until they came and got it and then moved on to the next egg and repeated the process. They loved it though! I had a lovely day of reading and helping the girls dye eggs. It was frustrating though, that we didn't do anything related to the actual reason we celebrate Easter. I was much better about incorporating Christ into our celebration last year. I feel like the Easter Bunny snuck up on me this year. I'll have to try hard next year.
Today, we went to my parents' house and had a traditional Easter dinner after we got out of church at 4pm. We had to be at church early this morning because our Bishop wanted to meet with me and Steve. I got called to be the secretary in the Relief Society presidency. I hope I can pull it off. I'm a terribly unorganized person (as far as time and remembering things, etc.). But I'll do my best and I'm sure it will all work out. Maybe the Lord can help me learn to be more organized through this calling and my life will work much more smoothly in the future. That would be nice.








1 comment:
Ah, secretary. I expect you'll do great! And seriously, the ungratefulness of my children kills me sometimes. You do something that they should think is super fun but it's just not fun enough. So at least we're all in that boat together, huh? Which is zero comfort.
Post a Comment