Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sick kids are hard and facebook funnies

This was a crazy week for me.  It was spring break for Emilia and all three of my kids got sick: Emilia got a stomach bug, Cecily had a bad cough and a double ear infection, Mira had a runny nose, fever and a probable ear infection. On top of that, I somehow managed to plan a girls night with my friend, Gina, on Tuesday night, a girls night with my mom and sisters on Wednesday night, my book critique group (that I just joined this month) on Thursday night, and a visit to my mom's on Friday.  Thank goodness for going to my mom's on Friday--she saved me from a nasty cold that I had been trying to avoid all week.  I was able to take 3 naps on Friday and since I was not at home, I could not clean my house, I didn't have to cook, and I didn't feel compelled to anything work-like. Thanks, Mom!

My girls decided they were ballerinas for two days this week.
Here is them in their ballerina clothes at the "barre."

Since I was up there, I decided to take a picture of the painting I did for my parents for Christmas.
I did pretty good.

I love how Mira is using Grandpa as a recliner.  My mom is fixing Mira's blankie for the 2nd time.

It's hard to catch Cecily not moving.

Cecily looks so toddler-ish in this picture. She's not really a baby anymore. :(

This is the fairy house/villiage that Emilia has concocted on our back patio.
She was quite upset when I told her she couldn't keep it there forever.

Mira looking cute in a vintage dress from Aunt Jean.

I put a slip under it after she had an accident on the bloomers.

Of course, I couldn't take a picture of Mira and not one of Emilia. This is them singing "Let it Go."
From Facebook:
4/12/14
Steve was talking about the home projects we want to work on today and was saying how the whole house needs painting. Mira pipes up and says, "Yeah, we need to paint the walls and the railings...EVERYTHING needs painting! Except the sky."
Me: The sky doesn't need to be painted?
Mira (looking out the window): The sky no need painting.  It painted already.
Emilia: Yeah, it's already colored.
Mira: The sky is painted blue!
Emilia: That would take a lot of paint!

4/7/14
Somehow, before I became a mom, I never would have believed that it would be necessary to say things like, "Don't stand on your food." Or "Don't rub your cracker on the shopping cart and then eat it." Or "Don't turn your cereal bowl upside down (with the milk and cereal still in it)."

4/5/14
I made some pasta to have with dinner tonight that was a mix of shells, rotini, and bowtie pasta. As soon as Emilia sat down, she said, "Look! We're having butterfly pasta! And here's the chrysalis (shells), and this is the caterpillar (rotini)." I love that kids can look at the world a little differently!

4/2/14
My girls have been outside for an hour now, playing in the snow. I just looked out and Mira is lying face-first in the snow eating it, and Emilia is building a snow fort. How apropos.

3/29/14
At 10:30 last night I went to check on our girls and Emilia was still not asleep.
Me: Why aren't you asleep yet?
Emilia: Mom, sometimes my eyes just aren't available for closing!

No comments: