When Mira heard the garage door going down
this morning, she said, "Daddy? Going? Daddy? Daddy? GOING? No!!
Daddy!!!!" Then she started to cry uncontrollably. She kinda loves that
guy. (2/27/13)
Last night I was telling Steve my pregnancy
woes of being uncomfortable and out-of-shape. His response was, "I'm
sorry you feel so whale-like." If it hadn't been so accurate, I might
have been offended. As it was, it made me feel better that he
understood. I'm a crazy pregnant lady. (2/21/13)
Emilia was being wonderful and "helping" me by
sweeping the kitchen. All of a sudden she was gone and when she came
back, she was wearing her Rapunzel dress up outfit and a crown and
singing, "Sweep again and by then it's like 7:15..."
A few seconds later...
Emilia: People sure know how to get lots of their food on the floor!
Me: Yeah, especially when their names are Emilia and Mira, huh?
Emilia: No...Not all kids have the name Emilia or Mira, and kids always get their food on the floor.
Hhahaha! Always the pragmatist! (2/18/13)
Yesterday my dad was teasing Emilia.
My dad: If you bring Box Tops to school, why don't you bring box bottoms, too?
Emilia: Because, Grandpa, box bottoms aren't allowed at school. (2/11/13)
Mira found our scale and trotted it out to the
kitchen yelling, "Clock! Clock!" Emilia then latches on to it and wants
to weigh everyone. I might have felt bad after I told her my weight
and she exclaimed, "Woah! That's a lot." Except immediately after Steve
got, "Wow! That's really big!" I could hear the admiration in her tone.
:) (2/6/13)
I find it so humorous when Emilia narrates her life. It sounds something like this:
Me: I don't know. You'll have to look in your room. They might be in the closet.
Emilia: "I don't know," her mom says.
(Then, running down the hall...)
Emilia: She runs down the hall to her room to look for her Pinkie Pie and Caramel Apple. They might be in her closet. (2/5/13)
Tonight when Emilia was saying her prayers,
she said, "Thank thee that the snow will be gone soon. Thank thee that
the trees will have green leaves again." (She never asks for blessings,
she always just thanks God for the things she wants, which I think is
totally endearing.) I agree Emilia. I agree. (1/13/13)
While reading a book, Mira and I came across a
page with a fish and a boat in a lake. Mira, in a sing-song tune says,
"Feesh! (fish) Boat in ya wahyee (water)..." then followed up with,
"Poop! Wet, in ya potty." I love that she was rhyming! And that she
chose to rhyme those particular things. (1/11/13)
I love Emilia's ability to take something she
hears and turn it into complete, yet brilliant, nonsense. I wish I
could remember EXACTLY what she said, but this is pretty close. After
playing fruit ninja tonight:
"Edible fruits were made in the Arctic.
The fruit Arctic. It's called Insrummable. They are in the stream with
flowers and death and summer."
I asked her about the death part, and she started giggling and said, "Yeah..." (1/4/13)
I find it so cute that Mira refers to animals
by their sounds. For example, she got a horse today that Emilia picked
up. She didn't like it, so she said, "My neigh!" Or if she is done
eating her chicken nuggets she'll say, "No bauk bauk!" (12/25/12)
Yesterday, we slept in our house for the first time. In the car on our drive down, Emilia and I had this conversation:
Emilia: Are we going to sleep in our new house tonight, Mom?
Me: Yes
Emilia: So we aren't going to sleep at Grandma and Grandpa's?
Me: Nope. Is that good? Or does it make you feel sad?
Emilia: It makes me feel WONDERFUL! (10/1/12)
No comments:
Post a Comment