On the 14th, our official bi-annual (or every two years if that's not what bi-annual means) Watts Family Reunion took place in Colorado, home of Nicole and Tristan Nelson (Steve's sister and brother-in-law). We had an Olympic team and an appropriately-sized cabin in the Colorado National Monument Park. I didn't take very many pictures. Oops.
Here are the cuties in the car on the way there. It's only about a 4 hour drive, so not too bad. They were both tired of their car seats by the end, but they were troopers. It was a good trip.
Not sure why I took this picture. This is me in the car on the way there. I was a trooper, too. :)
For part of the family reunion, Grandma and Grandpa took the older cousins on a "Dinosaur Dig." They actually went to a site where paleontologists had found dinosaur bones and were taught how to look for and dig out bones. Only one of the 7 actually found one. The younger ones (i.e. Meg and Emilia) were really upset they couldn't go, too. So, Nicole and I took them to the Fruita dinosaur museum to do some of their own digging. They were perfectly happy with this solution and I learned something new: apparently, you can grind up walnut shells and it ends up looking like sand, without all the dustiness. It's softer, too. This would be awesome for a volleyball court, methinks. I'll put it on the list for when I'm a millionaire with a big mansion on an even bigger piece of land.
That's it. That's all I took pictures of. We also did a rafting trip, a hike and played LOTS of games. The kiddos loved have a big house and lots of cousins to entertain themselves. We all came home Monday morning. Thanks for the great trip, Nelsons!




1 comment:
What is funny is that I posted about a dinosaur dig today too! We didn't find any bones, though. And that is a great picture of you that you randomly took. So good job.
Post a Comment