Sunday, January 29, 2012

life lately

Here are some very random pictures that depict life for us Watts' lately.

Me, one week before Thanksgiving, eating my first plate of nachos in at least 5 months.  It was heavenly!
Emilia after I got her hair chopped off for the first time.  The lady who cut her hair straightened it afterwards.  I think she looks A LOT like Ariana with straight, short, hair.
One of my favorite fall treats, fried green tomatoes.  Made from the last of my dad's green tomatoes. Mmm!
Emilia playing with the camera on my phone...
The cuteness that is Bubby.  She is such a curious, happy, mischievous, smarty-pants.  Wilda says she's just like Steve that way.  For me it means constantly picking up ALL the Kleenexes that two minutes ago were nicely stacked in the box; restacking diapers; picking up all the papers she just threw on the floor from off the table, the fridge or the shelf; pulling rubber bands, pieces of old food, buttons, dice, pieces of said Kleenexes, and Emilia's rings out of her mouth; putting all the clothes back in the drawer; picking her up and comforting her after she's fallen off, pulled over, or bonked her head against something--AGAIN; removing electrical objects, such as computer cords, remote controls, and cell phones out of her grasp and slobber; and basically being on my guard way more than I ever had to with Emilia.  I don't know...maybe most 10 month-olds are like this, but she is keeping me on my toes!
Emilia walked out of her room carrying all this stuff the other day.  Sorry my phone took such a bad picture (it couldn't have been the user!).  She is carrying three purses, a baby (doll) carrier, a Christmas bag and a lunch cooler.  And yes, she is wearing short sleeves and shorts in January.  I have to fight that girl every day to get her to wear long sleeves.  I've given up on making her wear socks unless we're actually leaving the house.  Crazy kid.  She obviously didn't inherit my cold-blooded genes.
I lied before.  I did take 1 and only 1 picture at Christmas.  Here it is.  You can tell it's Christmas by the chaos, right?
Me and the girls being silly.
Emilia at her first sleepover with her cousins Jane and Meg. They were watching Tangled, of course.
The Bubby Monster!
The monkey hat I crocheted for Cari for Christmas.
The swag I made for my front door.
The view on the ceiling of the elevator at the library.  Only when you have kids do you notice these things.  It's kind of fun. :D
Emilia looked so cute going upstairs to play with Vivian while it was raining the other day, I had to take a picture through the window. My little girl is getting so grown up!
Other notes:
Mira has gotten her first two teeth.  The bottom two in front.
Emilia can now mostly dress and undress herself.  Still has problems with buttons and things that are inside-out.  But otherwise, she does pretty good.
We have to move by the end of May and Steve will probably receive his Master's Degree in April.  Lots of life changes afoot!
I'm making progress on re-vamping my book and I'm feeling very successful.
I'm also enjoying getting to know the amazing spirits that I've been blessed to raise and getting to know myself better because of it.  I'm learning to find joy in the journey.  It's a nice thing to find.

2 comments:

Stacey Wright said...

What is it with kids and wearing weather-inappropriate clothing? I boxed up our summer stuff and they got it all out again. Everyday when Calvin walks in the door after kindergarten he drops his pants a the front door and puts on shorts. But pretty sure I wore shorts everyday of 7th grade.

Heather said...

Mira has such a cute face. your comments from Facebook made me giggle. So fun.