Monday, January 16, 2012

from facebook

Emilia has apparently watched Tangled a few too many times. Today I asked her to please finish her lunch. Emi (putting her hands on her hips and shaking her head): No! Me: why not? Emi: Because it's MY decision, mother! Me (laughing): No, because you're not 18, like Rapunzel. When you're 18, you can decide whether you finish your lunch, but you're 3. And Momma says you need to finish your lunch. Emi (with a big grin): OH!! Okay, Momma.

Mira has learned a fun new game: say, "uh-oh!" And then drop your food on the floor.

Yesterday, my mom was teasing Emilia after she scarfed down her chicken nuggets for dinner.
Nana: Emilia, all your chicken nuggets are gone! Was it magic?
Emilia: No. I ate them.
Nana: So where are they now? Your toes, right?
Emilia (laughing at Nana's silliness): No! My bum!

I walk into Emilia's bedroom to find her and her best friend dressed up and playing in her kitchen. Emi: We're making something special, Mom. Me: I'm sure it's very special. You two look like princesses. Emi: Yes. Princesses who make dinner.

The new bad guy in all of Emilia's stories? "The Bad Everyones."

A commercial for Disneyland came on last night that showed a little boy pulling on the sword-in-the-stone sword and Steve says, "I am so mad that I could never pull the sword out of the stone. I should have been the king of England by right. Damn you, Disneyland!"

I'm not too worried that Emilia has an imaginary friend. What worries me is that she just killed her off.

Growing up, when my mom was not-really-mad, she would shake her fist at us and scold us saying "Boom-bang-garuk!" I understood it as something her German parents would say. The other day Emilia heard me say this and immediately got this "you're a little crazy" look, then asked "Boom bang a duck, Mom?" I guess that does sound a little crazy. :)

My poor baby is going to grow up thinking it is normal and common to have your toes cleaned out by older siblings.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

Somehow I missed the boom-bamg-a duck on FB. Awesome.