Sunday, January 15, 2012

Child of God

In our church, we believe that every human is one of God's spiritual children. Since he is a King over all things, as his children, we have great value and worth; we also could be considered princes and princesses, which is what Emilia's Sunday School teachers thought to emphasize today. Emilia was totally in her element. :D

I think knowing that we all have divine worth is so important to a healthy and happy life, especially in a day and age where we are constantly told we need to improve our skin, our teeth, our clothing, our appearance (through makeup), our hair, etc. Little girls especially, are given unrealistic standards to live up to.  I hope to teach my little girls that they are special and important no matter what their appearance is...as is every other human being on the planet...and that they will always have my love and the love of an all-knowing and merciful Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

I know this post is completely about some thing else, but she looks way cute here. A lovely child of God. :)