Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Circus

On the 23rd of September, all of us went to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus at the Energy Solutions Arena.  Megan and her kids and Alison went, too.

 Emilia admiring the elephants.
 One of the weirder improvements at the Circus from when I was little, was the singing ringmaster.  This is what everyone else was doing while he sang, which was cool, but it was even cooler when...
 they turned the lights out and everyone glowed in the dark.
 One of Steve's favorite parts was the high-wire act:
 We didn't stay for the whole thing.  Apparently, we missed the elephants and the guy being shot out of the cannon.  Both girls had had it by about the hour and a half mark.  And it was LOUD.  I had a headache from it by the time we left.  The other ridiculous part was the price of the souvenirs.  See those things behind us in the picture? At least $20 each.  Yes, that's more than we paid for our tickets.

1 comment:

Stacey Wright said...

I keep wanting to take the kids to the circus. For some reason we never do. Next year. Also, something you should know about me: I won tickets to the circus when I was five because of my coloring skills.