Wednesday, July 20, 2011

more tidbits from facebook

Me: This book is called, "What Mommies Do Best." What do you think Emilia, what do mommies do best? Emi: Umm...clean!

Emi: I wanted to take my panties off Momma. Me: I don't think you should be running around without panties on. Emi: But the panties just jumped off my bum Momma.

Emilia has very regular bowels. Every night before bed she has a bowel movement. Tonight, she was sitting on the potty before bed and says, "Poopy likes to repeat hisself, huh, Momma?" She cracks me up.

Last Sunday, Steve was telling Emilia we needed to wet down her hair so it would look pretty for church. Walking her into the bathroom, he says, "Let's go in the bathroom and wet down your hair so it will look beautiful." Emilia walks out of the bathroom and over her shoulder says, "Or not!"

Emi: Mom, I just sat on the steps and cried. Me: Why were you crying? Emi: I was sad. Me: Why were you sad? Emi: Because I was a little girl outside all alone.

Emilia gets cranky when she's hungry (nothing like her mom!). ;) So she was pretty cranky today after church. Before we changed her out of her dress, Steve heated up some leftover Mac & Cheese in the microwave. Still, she was whining that it was taking too long, so Steve says, "It's coming! Keep your pants on!" To which Emilia promptly replied, "But I'm not wearing pants!"

Our fish, Nemo, died the other day. It was right after I cleaned his bowl, so the water must not have "aired out" as much as it needed to. It was a beta, so I wasn't too torn up, but I was worried about Emilia's reaction. I shouldn't have been. Me: "Emilia, I need to tell you something sad." Emi: "Okay." Me: "Nemo died." Emi, without pausing: "We'll go get a new Nemo, okay?" Guess she wasn't too attached.

What does it say about your husband's state of mind when he puts your 2-month-old daughter to bed without a diaper on?

The other night, I walked past Emilia's room where she and Steve were playing and I hear her say, "Will she use her pistols, Daddy?"

At Mira's 2 week appointment, she weighed 7 lbs 6 oz. She had a doctor appointment today (one month old) to get some medication for acid reflux. They weighed her at said appointment. 8 lbs 13.5 oz. Sheesh.

I'm sitting here listening to my husband give my daughter a bath--which she loves, except for getting her hair washed. I hear her yelling, "Owie! Owie! Owie!" To which my husband responds, "Why does getting your hair wet hurt your foot?"

1 comment:

M said...

"Emilia walks out of the bathroom and over her shoulder says, "Or not!""

Shades of her mother, methinks? I love all these little moments. James has started doing the OW!-for-things-that-he-doesn't-want-to-do routine, also. I think they think we don't know.