Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More gems...

...from facebook:

My parents found this more humorous than I did: Emi woke up 2x last night. The 2nd time at 5am. I'm sleep deprived which always = cranky. For 45 min she wriggles around, not really trying to go back to sleep. So finally I just say bye and go back to my bed. I hear her get up and come to my door a few minutes later, so... I get up to put her back in bed. When she sees me, she says. "No, Mommy! This is naughty!"

A testimony to how much my daughter loves her blankie: I drove up to my parent's last night around 5. At 9:30 when I was putting Emi down, I realized that I forgot blankie. We tried substituting another blanket, singing, cuddling, to no success. At 11:30, she was still wide awake. I decided I'd have to go home to get it and to bring her with so she would fall asleep in the car. Nope. She was awake until I put blankie in her hands at 12:20 and then was asleep within minutes. Sheesh.

Emi is still a little confused on pronouns and will often call both of us you. The other day she was trying to eat cereal and was getting frustrated because there wasn't a lot making it into her mouth. So she started saying, "You feed you?" but knew that wasn't right. Finally she was just so frustrated that she yelled, "Momma, you feed my mouth!" while pointing at it. Haha. That's effective communication.

The other day, Emi and I picked up Steve from work and he put his hand on the back of my seat as we were driving. Emi (who is very possessive lately) says, "No hand, Daddy." When Steve asks why, she responds, "It's dangerous." hahaha

Some cute things Emilia has said/done lately: If she doesn't want to do something, or doesn't want me to do something, she says, "Not one drop!" (Winnie-the-Pooh fans out there will know where this comes from). She was walking around me the other day and says, "I'm just walking, okay?" (From the book Grumpy Bird. If you haven't read it you should!)

I am SO proud. My daughter made up a new sport this evening: Ewoking. So proud.

1 comment:

M said...

So, "It's dangerous" because that's a good excuse that she's heard you guys say, or because she's making a veiled threat? :-)

I love all of these.